No announcement yet.

Hi! Just bought a Festiva, figured I found the place to talk about it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990new has hit most of the rattles but also check the shield around the cat it self, those rattle quite badly. congrats on finding your car.
    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Thanks for the tips on the exhaust rattle. I'll take a look this weekend.

Are there any decent off the self suspension upgrades for these cars?

Comment

Banged around under the car yesterday, and I think it's actually the cat breaking up internally. Dang.

Comment

Thw heat shield around the cat fills with rocks, your sure its not that?
          The bolts usually break when you try to take the heat shield off so ive always just lived with it...

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

I didn't see any, but I'll double check. Thanks!

It looks like there's an '88 323 in my local junkyard, so I might check that out, at least for the manifold.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberEric View Post
              Banged around under the car yesterday, and I think it's actually the cat breaking up internally. Dang.
              I’m having the same thing on my 90. It’s old enough that state inspection (in Texas) is no longer an issue, so I’m thinking about just eliminating the cat entirely.

Does anyone advise against that?
              1990 Festiva - Throttle Body/Manual Transmission
              Bought in 2003 with 65k, now 219k

1988 Festiva - Carb/Manual Transmission
              Bought in 2015 with 150k

Comment

Originally posted by jrclark32 View Post

I�m having the same thing on my 90. It�s old enough that state inspection (in Texas) is no longer an issue, so I�m thinking about just eliminating the cat entirely.

Its supposidly not great for the environment and unless you put a resonater in its place it gets too loud for my taste and sounds obnoxious, not a nice loud. In my opinion its a if you include your time as a little bit valuable its cheaper and easier to buy a new cat and bolt it in or grab another used one than it is to weld in another resonator. As far as car parts go in general the festiva converter is pretty cheap

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jrclark32 View Post

I’m having the same thing on my 90. It’s old enough that state inspection (in Texas) is no longer an issue, so I’m thinking about just eliminating the cat entirely.

If you're cat is breaking up internally,I recomend replacing it.
                  but if you are eliminating the cat for track work, put on a mask and pound the elements out of the cT canister and refit the empty canister.
                  This chamber sets the tuned lengh of the pipe. Don't want to waste power ....
                  No car too fast !

Comment

Working...
                  X