Ratrod (Ratstiva?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratrod (Ratstiva?)

So i had this idea. Ive been looking into making an oddball ratrod lately, with the idea of using a ranger or s10, chopping the top, and exposing the engine like the older rods, but had a new idea. What if i took the body of a festiva and placed it on a small truck frame, and stuffed a V8, ford 289 most likely, at the front, and chopped the roof of the festiva? How hard is it to take the tub of a festiva and mount it to a frame?
    '91 Festiva
    '69 F350 flatbed farm truck
    '10 Equinox
    '95 Suburban
    '05 Vegas
    '02 Vstar 650 bobber project

In my opinion it would take a lot of creativity not to mention the width/track of any so called mini truck is considerably larger then the Festiva's. Of course that's what fender flares are for. I always thought a Festiva body would make for a nice sleeper if you could fit the body over a more up to date / improved chassis/ running gear. Widening the body could be done if you had a donor car. Cut car #1 in half, take a center section (width of your choice) out of car #2 and weld it back together. It is entirely possible. The biggest hurdle is the glass. I recently put a windshield in my '91 and was surprised to find they are getting scarce. Imagine needing one 5 inches wider? As for cutting the body off of the pan. Go ahead and try it. That's the only way you will know for sure. I hope your fabricating skills are high and you can accept the fact that it will take a lot time to accomplish.
    '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
    '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
    '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Thats the beauty of ratrods, i can hack and slash till it looks the way i want. And probably wont be using normal glass. If i chop the top lower ill have to make a plexi windshield.
      '91 Festiva
      '10 Equinox
      '95 Suburban
      '05 Vegas

Comment

Go for it, lets see what you come up with, Good luck.
        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

I found one on google images. Cant find any more info on it though. Cant figure out how to upload the picture. Phones being dumb.

'91 Festiva
          '10 Equinox
          '95 Suburban
          '05 Vegas

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Burrito View Post
            I found one on google images. Cant find any more info on it though. Cant figure out how to upload the picture. Phones being dumb.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fest...1gkV6ewsh77oM:
            That first picture is a photoshop.

Please don't chop up Festivas, esp. if they are Clean or close to it.
            Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
            Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
            Feel free to PM me anytime!
            Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
            Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Ill just add that im not gonna chop up a good festi. This os only gonna happen to a destroyed front end car. Or stripped junkyard shell.
              '91 Festiva
              '10 Equinox
              '95 Suburban
              '05 Vegas

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Burrito View Post
                Ill just add that im not gonna chop up a good festi. This os only gonna happen to a destroyed front end car. Or stripped junkyard shell.
                An important distinction for sure

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
                Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                Feel free to PM me anytime!
                Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Working...
                X