No announcement yet.

Oh boy - I get to do a Coolant Pump...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I found what was going on with the temp gauge - the sender on the thermostat housing is for the FAN (and it's relay). Under it and a bit to the front of the engine, or crank pulley direction was the ACTUAL temperature sender - and the wire had broken off of it . For the second time, apparently.

It had to be thoroughly cleaned and old globs of solder removed before I could tin it and do a proper repair. The last owner did horrible wiring and solder work just about everywhere in it, and that was one place.

I have eight days now to piece everything back together at a maximum, else I'll be late for a critical appointment.
    Last edited by Greywolf; 08-06-2018, 06:57 PM.
    Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

Okay people, here comes the next group that will be included in the video (this is pre-production) so that I can get the info out there quickly.

A number of things I found, and what my answers were:

You are seeing this first at: www.fordfestiva.com

What it means is that the gasket contact area, and the three bolts that serve it, are the ONLY ones to worry about as you mount it in place. That fourth one I talk about can cause a major problem unless you ignore it totally until you get the pump bolted in RIGHT - and it might even warp the cast housing of the pump itself.

~after all, it's only made of aluminum

* When I get the complete video done and uploaded, it will absolutely be posted in the "REPAIR HELP" sub-forum
      Last edited by Greywolf; 08-07-2018, 08:45 PM.

Comment

OKAY! Here it comes:

The Shopping GO KART is now ON THE STREETS AGAIN!!!!

The full length video will be posted in the REPAIR HELP forum - and I hope it gets listed on one of the "Top of Sub-Forum" stickies (may it be so worthy wanw), 'guess we'll see what the webmonster thinks after it is seen and reviewed.

MANY THANX 2 ALL of YEW!!!

I did this to "PAY FORWARD" some of the great help you have been to me...
        Last edited by Greywolf; 08-09-2018, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X