X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FESTIVA FRAUD?? WTF is going on??

HELP!!!

This post Is locked???

I bought the car via the Buy it now function on Ebay then Sunday I get a note from Ebay saying the Seller is a Fraud... I now try to get on here and post something to tell every one, and the Post function on said Forum is locked?? WTF is going on? Did some one see my Sig. and decide to try take me for a ride? The car is exactly what I wanted.. I had a car fax and everything? Admins? Do you know anything?

Thanks

Brian
    93 Mustang LX Coupe 54K 347 S-Trim 515 RWHP **Stock apearence**

92 Ford Ranger XLT 331-T-Trim, TKO 3550 13"Wilwoods, 17" Cobra's, B-II Sway Bar Mod, Explorer front bar.

91 Ford Festiva GL 30K orgional - soon to be cut to pieces!

Yeah its locked look at the top.

Did you pay for the car?
    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

yea.... i called and cancled with paypal... boy they are a real help :roll:
      I guess we will see what happens? Who trys to rip somone off over a Festiva? I can see a 40.00 plasma or a 1200.00 Porshe.. but a Festy?

92 Ford Ranger XLT 331-T-Trim, TKO 3550 13"Wilwoods, 17" Cobra's, B-II Sway Bar Mod, Explorer front bar.

Comment

Ok this is going to be a long one!

EVERY one that used Ebay Within please!

Ok so I bought this car under the buy it now option on Thurs the 2ed of November at around 8pm Eastern time...... On the 5th of November at about 7:32 AM I get a PTO notice from Ebay.... It says that the idem that was listed has been deleted, along with my bid because the sellers account was "compromised" Eaks! So I try to call the seller... no luck? Now up to this point I have never had a problem reaching him? So I begin to think.... do I have pictures of the car? I try to go to the auction on line... it has been deleted? I then do some searching and get a picture off his photo bucket act... I see another car in the picture with a plate on it from a dealership? I called them talked to them a bit, he was the guy who bought the car from the auction and gave it to this kid to sell? So now I'm freaking out! He gets the seller to call me, and he is rather pissed I called one of his friends, but never the less we talk and we say we are going to both look into it....

I try to call Ebay... You can’t, so don’t bother.... you can IM there robot staff but they just spit out pre-messaged replies. I then call Pay-Pal who was open on Sunday? But after explaining my situation to them, they say we don’t cover Auto transactions? SORRY?! :x Call your Credit card Co.

This being said this is exactly what I did several years ago when I was frauded on another auction... I did call my CC Company, and Paypal flipped! Said I have to use them first, and if I ever did that again I would be kicked off as a member? (Now they tell me to call the credit card Co.? What gives?) (Two days later I found out they got fried for this exact problem and can’t tell you that any more)

Never the less after thinking about it....When you go to pay for something on Paypal it defaults to your Checking Act...... I normally switch it to my Credit card just for safety... then you get that huge chunk of "false Advertising" that pops up and says “are you sure you want to switch your funding source?” “Your are protected by Pay-pal with the same protection of your credit card!” Apparently NOT! No cars are covered! (False advertising!)
        So after I talk to my 5th person at PayPal they tell me I’m in luck? If I bought the car off Ebay Motors then I’m protected by Ebay Motors protection for up to 20K…. Oh Goodie!
        REMEMBER THIS PART !!!

So After trying to communicate with Ebay for several days to find out the problem , I get forwarded to there FRAUD Dept. Joy! I go through the entire mess with them, and they are giving me no info… None! Just reverse everything FAST! Oh.. Ok? So I do so while keeping in contact with the seller, witch seams nice enough..

Credit Card Co. says they will look into it? Discover always just fixed it but I used the wrong card by the looks of things…. Several calls later and they say they will send me some forms! ? I will need to provide information of what happened? Thinking this is a good Idea.. I remember that the auction had been vaporized? That sucks where is my evidence that it ever took place, or for that mater I was the winner?

Today…. Back on the phone with the seller for his take on the matter… confusing but sort of makes since… let’s check with EBay… I get on with them, and they tell me they have called him, and I should call him, but only at the number listed on his Act. With EBay… that way we are sure I’m talking to the right person…. I try to log into the auction, but it doesn’t exist, and neither does his user name? So how am I going to get the number I ask… she says she can’t tell me? WTF? After some dancing with the RETARD at EBay they call him and get permission to give up my number… (Apparently they can call you, but you can’t call them?) The number checks out all seams good, but the message EBay sends me says that I should rebid on the idem and that they have closed it my accident? I confirm this with the seller… they refunded his fee’s …..so all looks good sort of.. I then ask the IM Robot at Ebay The seller has shipped the car today, If It gets relisted what happens if some one else buys it…. No response to that one? She said he can call me and say when he is listing it, and I can jump on and buy it? I then ask why don’t you just put it back up the way it was… she said we have erase the transaction? I say well I received Feedback? She says the auction never existed by there system?

WTF???

So At this point I say what if the car never gets here or it’s damaged, or it’s not the car listed? I’m still covered by Ebay Motors Protection right? NOPE!!! The auction doesn’t exist! “We stopped it because of fraud so you would bid on it” I said you stopped it 3 F@ucking days after I won it and paid for it? And in doing so gave the seller the 3 day waiting period he needed for the money to clear his act. At paypal, hanging me out to dry with NO PROTECTION! The only people Ebay is protecting is them selves!!!

She then tells me that The seller can relist it, and If I’m the winner I will be protected? Why would he relist it? He got his money for the car, his fees were reversed, and he has the car? Why would he do anything?

So basically I’m holding on to good old fashion faith here! I think he is a good guy and will do the right thing… EBay has done nothing but ram it in my ass for the last week and my local Department of Consumer affairs will be hearing all about this one! False advertising, Insurance Fraud, What ever F@ck EBAY!

Comment

Well just pray that the guy is a decent person and you recieve the car in good condition! Let us know how it all turns out. What is his feedback like?
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

I locked the topic because the last few posts had nothing to do with a festiva on craigs list, let alone a festiva. You had said you bought the car so there was no need to have the topic open anymore. I moved the topic to general discussion because it is no longer about anything that is for sale.
            The Festiva Store
            Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Yea we will see :?

Thanks for the info.. at least it was locked for other reasons...I will get some pictures up if it shows up :wink:

The guys feedback was good but only consisted of 5 sales?

Comment

same thing happend to me with a turbo mr2.

Comment

when is the car suppose to get to you then? do you know what shipper
                  he used? and do you have a contact number for the guys on the truck?

i hope it works ok for you. talking to pple like that is beyond frustrating. yeah why in the world would he relist it? its a done deal whether they eventually cancelled it or not. ive always been skepical of ebay/paypal
                  after reading pples many posted horror stories.
                  "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

My next call would be to a lawyer. That's some BS :!: Start keeping a log of everything that happened(s). While its fresh.
                    sigpic
                    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva
                      My next call would be to a lawyer. That's some BS :!: Start keeping a log of everything that happened(s). While its fresh.
                      i agree, i would definately keep track of everything that's happened, but if you get the car you paid for, then there wouldn't be a need to, but keep track just in case

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Car or no car I'm sending this to the Attorney general's office of NC. :evil: This is a consumer protection problem. A huge Company like Ebay, and they leave the little guy out to dry…NOPE not while I’m in this world! I will be frying there ass on this one! Even if I get my car, some one wont get there’s, and the problem will persist! Thanks for all your support on this guys! I really think it’s just EBay screwing up, I have a shipping number with DAS Dependable Auto Shipping, who is a very well know company... I will be checking this morning if they received it yesterday afternoon…. When I called them last night they were closed.

Comment

GARRRRRR!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Who wants the freakin SHOGUN 007 I'm so freakin pissed right now I'm thinking about burning it!

Ok So I call the shipper this morning..... they say the car never made it there? I get PISSED! Call the seller ask WTF Where is my Car you said it would be there , HE Laughs! HE FREAKIN LAUGHS! This is NOT FUNNY! This guy must be hittin the Wacky Tabackie or something! He said it was wrecked? WHAT? WRECKED? He said yea it got hit on the way to the shippers? Hows that Shawn? How did you drive a car you dont own to the shippers any way? ( It's registered to someone else, and has no plates on it) Did you have a Temp Tag or Dealer plate? He dosent Know, he says.... So I ask him for more detals like the guys name that hit him, the inshurence info.... I told him I didnt believe him and that he better send pictures at once! Guess What he did in fack get hit at 2PM CA time?? WHY DIDNT HE CALL ME? I'm mean at this point I own the freakin car , and he didnt find it to be pertant to tell the new owner that his car was just SMASHED? Now my perfect car fax with no damage, and 23K miles I'm sure is toast, the Radior support is probably toast, and I dont want it!

Another dream down the drain because some freakin retard!

FUGE!!!!

FUGE!!!

FUGE!!!!

FUGE!!!

Comment

id be contacting a lawyer lol man ur luck aint good on this sale man, that sucks big time,
                            2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
                            1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
                            1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
                            http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

On one hand the damage doesn't look so bad. On the other yeah I'd be really riled up with all the above parties (EBAY, SHIPPING CO, PAYPAL)

Hope everything goes well.
                              It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Working...
                              X