Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

parts graveyard. what have you destroyed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I blew my B6 while doing 110 on the way home from having my friends Sentra towed home... That sucked.

I broke a window in the junkyard once. I was trying to pull the caps off the inside (the ones that cover the screws) and I pulled a little too hard and it shattered in my hands.
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Hey guys (and Packrat 427), I was giving the rundown on what Click and Clack told a caller on their radio show. I love my Festiva and I found the trans parts easy to find also. Not even a very difficult job either. If that guy would have called me, I would have told him to fix it and continue driving it to save the money you spent on the repair. (Please don't quote me out of context.).
      Click and Clack is a radio show where people call for advise about mechanical issues. They tend to be very knowledgable, but they are catering to the average person, not people with decent knowledge of mechanics. Their answer was based upon the guy taking it to a shop and having the repairs done - so they are probably right -"cost more than it is worth", but for people who turn their own bolts - not a reason to give up on the car. I think most people on this forum would have also disagreed with Click and Clack's advise.
      With all that said, - Continue to save gas and money by keeping your Festiva alive!

Comment

Working...
      X