Looking for Another Car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Another Car.

Given my resent luck with driving my Festiva before it was fully ready, I'm doing some research on another car to get. I'd like to get some suggestions.

I'm looking for a car that is fun to drive, has a good amount of get up and go, has good potential for more get up and go, handles well, has good suspensions for the street available for it (so it handles really well) and is versatile. Able to find bigger brakes and suspension components from other factory cars. No coupes with no or limited passenger space or a trunk for one grocery bag.

I'm just about out of time for a full engine swap as I can't take time off of school to work on it. I've got to start knuckling down.

I've read alot of good things about the Taurus SHOs, if you can find one. Anything better then that? Acura Legend maybe? A better car that is little known and forgotten? Or maybe I'll just say F it and find another Festiva and a couple weeks (read month?) to swap parts over.
    Do Vegetarians eat animal crackers?

Mustang 5 liters are plentiful and cheap!
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

mustang 5 liters are so played out imo plus they only make 220 hp on a v8 5 liter thats horrible, also the legend kinda has no aftermarket, I like the sho's they are very cool cars and look awesome too. I would say get a rare 90's turbo car like an isuzu impulse rs, hyundai s coupe or a chevy spectrum, maybe even a mitsubishi corsica if you can find one.

Comment

Find a chysler k-car (sudance, relaint, shoot even the minivans from those years) and turbo it. Alot of parts are interchangable. Mustangs are expensive not to mention quite a few pricks drive them (not all just some), around here anyways.
        91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Originally posted by DuritzCrows17
          mustang 5 liters are so played out imo plus they only make 220 hp on a v8 5 liter thats horrible
          the 300 ft/lbs it puts out makes up for that though. massive aftermarket and good looking. and a Cammed windsor based motor has got to be one of the sexiest sounds in the world.

Another good buy would have to be a lt1 or ls1 camaro. Pick one up, get a set of 4.10 gears and slicks and run low 13 high 12 all day. Then drive home and get 25+mpg with the 6spd tranny. niiiice. Theyre a pain to work on though(motor under the dash)
          91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
          00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
          88 gtx
          74 torino- enduro car.

Comment

I think I'd rather avoid the mustang/camaro . At least with the Festiva I could put a washer in there if I wanted to. Mustangs seem overplayed, everyone knows they are eather junk or really fast by now. I've seemed to notice the jerks tend to go for the Mustangs myself. They go after Camaros too, in california. There is one stock one I was hoping to suprise when I chipped the Festiva He might win but he'll lose if he's not careful!

Didn't the SHO prety much match the mustang of the same era, and it was in the same class as the M5 too, right? Maybe I'm reading over-inflated reviews.

I haven't even heard of those other turbo cars mentioned.

The Festiva would have been nice and fast, but I think it would be nice to have a car that's comfortable and quick with A/C and all that. Maybe sell the B6T and buy another Festiva and a B6 I don't really have the time to do another swap. I can't take another 1/2 load this semester otherwise I might be 28 before I'm done with the JC!

Comment

yeah turbo k cars are also really cool and inexpensive.

Comment

323 gtx???
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by ericsmith32
                  Find a chysler k-car (sudance, relaint, shoot even the minivans from those years)
                  You for got the dodge Aries. i had one of them with the 2.6 i4 mitsu engine and it was the slowest car ive ever seen, with a turbo i might b a hair faster. i did have the wagon so that might have been the reason
                  Jason
                  wishing i had a festi again

Comment

Very cool! The Isuzu Impulse RS has AWD and Handling by Lotus! Might be a good car, make a little more power from that turbo engine and have fun!

Chevy Spectrum? Everything I read says its a precursor to the Metro? Corsica I can't find any info on. Scoupe? What about an 2nd gen RX7? Turbo Volvo?

I wonder how well the SHO compares to BMW M5, Accra Legend, Infinity Q45, Ford Mustang 5.0 from the same era.

Comment

the s coupe is a turbo version of the hyundai excel.

Comment

Mazda 323 hatchback's - proteges also have a following. With the earlier 323's hatchback and Turbo BP, not to mention available AWD are in my opinion quite a car. Kia rio's with the bp's slap a turbo on it would be quite a sleeper. There's also the Ranger with the 2.3 turbo's. I can think of countless cars... including the geo metro with a sukuzi turbo if you can find it.
                        91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

go get a 80-83 corolla rwd 3TC motor tons of upgrades can even put ae86 suspension components on it.......dual sidedraft weber/mikuni/ets....a set of konig rewinds and some 215 50 13's.
                          ---------------------------------------------------
                          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                          ---------------------------------------------------
                          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

I think I'm all done with the engine swaps. I simply don't have the time. I've got to get going with school next semester (no more 1/2 load semesters!) or I'll be 28 before I'm done with the JC

Comment

spectrum

[quote="Mysticle31"]

Chevy Spectrum? Everything I read says its a precursor to the Metro?

The spectrum was an isuzu Imark (4 cyl) some were turbo
                              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                              X