No announcement yet.

Looking for Another Car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have your cure. its a called a festiva. get another one. youll be happy.
    if you have hills drop a b6 wit the fms cam an header in it an be happy.
    cheap curiously quick, and durable. ive owned or driven most everything mentioned stock to heavily modified, and i still came back to festiva. after a b6(sohc) FMS bits and some aspire parts itll be perfect.
    is not sposed ta do that...
    05 subaru legacy gt
    1991 nissan nx2000(almost awesome as a festiva, my first failed mtx)
    1988(?) festiva LX 5spd (rescued from crusher,aspire swap done, working on turbocharging the 1.3...)

Comment

What do you guys think of the Mark VIII? 280HP in a heavy car ought to be fairly quick. Only if I can find one cheap enough and local to me.

I think I might like the V8 Cars becouse a nice exhaust, intake, and headwork can yield good gains. Maybe like a mustang hatch or a sedan with a V8. I'm partial to a sleeper, and most everyone knows mustangs can go.

Are there any turbo cars that can be just as quick with minor mods? Seems to be that quite a bit of them are smaller, slower, and get much better gas millage. I haven't gone and looked at each one suggested though.
      Do Vegetarians eat animal crackers?

Comment

A Mark 8 is nice, I don't think I would be hot rodding it though they are heavy!
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

DSM's awd you can find for under 2 grand. Some of the hot-air GN's
          It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticle31
            What do you guys think of the Mark VIII? 280HP in a heavy car ought to be fairly quick. Only if I can find one cheap enough and local to me.

I think I might like the V8 Cars becouse a nice exhaust, intake, and headwork can yield good gains. Maybe like a mustang hatch or a sedan with a V8. I'm partial to a sleeper, and most everyone knows mustangs can go.

Are there any turbo cars that can be just as quick with minor mods? Seems to be that quite a bit of them are smaller, slower, and get much better gas millage. I haven't gone and looked at each one suggested though.
            If you want a luxo car that is fast buy a Caddy with a Northstar , I guarantee it will be faster than any of those.
            300Hp stock and that number is pretty close to whats at the wheels , If you get a STS , they have no speed limiter and will push beyond 150 easy .

My Caddy has been in the 9's in the 1/8 th , not bad for a 4,000 lb car
            ------------------------------------------------
            The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
            Smart Passion white with H-D interior
            HD2500 Duramax Chevy
            Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
            Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
            Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
            Z28 LS1 power 500 +
            90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
            It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

I think what I like about these cars is they have decent power to weight ratios. I like the luxo features, I've never driven one so I wonder about the handling

It will be awhile before I actually buy a car, other things to worry about, then you have to find one...etc.

Thanks for the input guys. I'll be posting a Festiva for sale soon.

Upper on my list:
              E30 BMW (325IS, M3, M-Tech) (slower in the group but Its a BMW)
              MK3 VW VR6
              E35 BMW (325IS)
              Seville
              MKVIII
              SHO
              Contour SVT
              Galant VR-4 (find one)
              Turbo Bricks (how fast are these old volvos anyway?)
              DSMs
              Legend
              Q45
              323GTX (with chip)
              1991 Audi 200

Any Maximas I should add? Maybe I should add one of those more early exotic 12 cylinder BMW 7 Series

You can see why I beat things to death? I don't per'say know what I want.

Comment

Corrado with the vr6?
                It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

The mark 8 did 186 mph, but with some mods.

0-60 is more fun though. You get to play with acceleration way more often than top end.
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Oh yeah. 0-60, 0-100 is where it's all at for me, top end is nice to a certain point.

I guess what I really want to ask is what's the quickest 0-60, 0-100 car that is a sedan or hatchback that is a sleeper or old mans car. Slower cars with minor mods that make them go are also great.

I think I definitely want to keep with a car that's comfortable and quick.

For some reason I'm not so turned on by mustangs and camaros. It's a shame becouse I'm looking over cars with good potential.

Comment

79-80 AMX/ spririt Gt
                      AMC POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drop in a 401

Comment

a friend of mine used to have a MKVIII and it was pretty fast, he fooled around with the air ride on it and set it up so he could lower one corner if he wanted, slam it, etc. i think it was a nice car

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

hey i know some one selling a SHO for a pretty good price. good shape to. and it has had the full 60k top end done to it. if your interested let me know. but i think you might be to far away to take this offer up.
                          1993 B6T swapped Festiva- Reich raceing ECU, Cork Sport down pipe, MBC for now, Capri Tranny. sold

1993 BBF 466cid mustang notch 7.7 ltre
                          festiva turbo b18 project
                          2001 BMW 325i
                          1996 ford F-150 sold

Comment

also the dsm are great cars i have owned 4 of them.. doesnt take much to make them quick. i have had 3 1992 all wheel drfive talons and 1 96 gst. great fun cars actually im buying another 92 here soon.
                            1993 B6T swapped Festiva- Reich raceing ECU, Cork Sport down pipe, MBC for now, Capri Tranny. sold

1993 BBF 466cid mustang notch 7.7 ltre
                            festiva turbo b18 project
                            2001 BMW 325i
                            1996 ford F-150 sold

Comment

You don't line Mustangs or Camaros, huh?
                              Well you could always get an S-10 like Packrat's.
                              One of the guys from work used to own a Mazda 626, early '90s with the turbo 4.
                              He changed the exhaust, jacked up the boost and took the badges off the car.
                              That car was fast and a real sleeper.
                              But the ultimate sleeper would have to be a AWD BPT Festiva :smilebox:
                              ~Jeff
                              1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
                              1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
                              2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

So lets say I'm looking for a car with a turbo/SC where I can up the boost later for more fun, or a V8 where modifications mean more then 2.5HP. Something with 2-4 doors, or a hatchback, or a sedan. It's that part I haven't really decided on. I like 4 door hatches, or wide two doors? I'm not sure. The only thing I don't like about mustangs/camaros/firebirds is that everybody knows their fast, including the fuzz.

Comment

Working...
                                X