new here but im diggin it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new here but im diggin it

wutzzup, I just joined yesterday, found some *really* cool STUFF. I just wanted to say hi and kick out some stats.

thought I was the only person alive that liked festivas, I, only thursday bought my 4th, it has 78k and a terrible oil leak cumming out around the front main, looks like it could be the pan gasket, there is a little piece of rubber pokin' out. Its hard to tell, looks like it has been leaking for about 78k. It is in supercondition, Blue, as soon as i get it cleaned up and surf the site somemore ill get some pics posted.

the one I been drivin has 252k and finally shucked the 5sp, it had been missing fouth gear for about a year. But now that I have a complete spare I might build a project car :idea: . Anyways its nice to meet everybody, later, David, Peoria Illinios.
    Edited by FF.com staff

Nice to meet you too, couple of things though, this shouldn't be posted in the photogallery, please watch the swearing outside of the arena, and please add your general location in your profile so we all know where your from.

Other than that welcome to the site, rock on, and I hope that you stay around and stay active for a long long time. This site is pretty fun to be a part of, it does have it's boring times, but for the most part if your in to building a really unique project car, or maintaining your stock festiva or aspire this is the place to be.

Peace
    Logan

Comment

:hal Welcome to the site.

Will
      Festiva/Mazda genetic splicing researcher B6T / G25MR for 5+ years and counting.
      187.7 WHP @ 5500 RPM

Comment

thanks, i am trying to figure out how to post where I am supposed to.

Comment

Post moved
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

OK. i got a question. My 90 has (had) a 5speed and cruzed nice at 70-75 mph, since its tranny problem I been driving a 92 with a auto/t. It sounds like a indy car on the striaght away at 55. Im pretty sure that if I pushed it to 75 it would float the valves. Is that much difference normal?

Comment

I have an auto in my car, I have no problems with valve float even at 85MPH!
              Brian
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
              :fish:

Comment

these transmissions are three speed right? Where are your shift pionts? about how many rpm's are you at, at 85

Comment

Yeah, I have an auto behind a BP.. rpms are a bit high at 85 compared to my 5spd BP car iirc.

Comment

does this site have a cross reference like favorite pics for engin swaps, i mean ....... like what will fit where....... ummmm there is a lot of info here on swaps and mods, but I am new to these things, like b6,bp,b6t. my other vehicle is a f350\6.9L dooley diesel with a real attitude problem.

Comment

Welcome to the site , it is nice to see a Festiva owner less than 100 miles away

Look in the swap section for compatibility .
                      When ever you need to look for something , just use the search button at the top . type in what you want , it works pretty good .
                      ------------------------------------------------
                      The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                      Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                      HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                      Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                      Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                      Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                      Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                      90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                      It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

yea, nice to meet ya!! I dont know why its givin' me fits, i usually navagate pretty good. Ill get it sorted out, thanks.

P.S. yesterday when I was trying to register I couldent even figure that out, I just kept thinkin' where is the register button?

Comment

Welcome to the site.
                          This site is a great resource for the Festiva owner. Lots of info, you just have to dig a little for it.
                          I too had problems with the search tool in the begining, but somehow I got it figured out.
                          As far as engine swaps, the two most popular seem to be b6t and bp, followed by b6 and bpt.
                          There are even a couple of mid-engine projects being done.
                          ~Jeff
                          1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
                          1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
                          2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

Yeah more Local peoples. Welcome
                            It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Alright, welcome! I picked up my 15th today!!
                              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                              X