• Show
Clear All

WANKLE IT BABY!

Comment

definately rotary engine

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

20b cosmo mid-mounted to a porche 996 6 speed transaxle converted to be mid engine. Most of this stuff you can find in dune buggy sites.
        It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Thinking about a importing a GTX 121 and doing the swap over. Not big fan of right hand drive. Still not sure about drive train...

Comment

How about a HEMI mid engine :lol:
            Building on a budget sucks

Comment

I'll buy what ever parts you wont use with the RHD GTX conversion
              It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by muscle_Car1
                I'll buy what ever parts you wont use with the RHD GTX conversion
                Only parts are chassis and maybe drive train.

Comment

I'm a big RX-7 guy, so go with a rotary 1.3bt front engine rear wheel setup. Or if you're a real man go for the 3 rotor engine.

Comment

To be honest, I would do a clean and affordable swap like Pimptiva's was, and push to make the pages of Turbo or HCI or another Tuner magazine. Potentially, a well done Festiva that seems streamlined could make a splash as a tuner.

I would try a understated bodykit, lowered, with the BPT turbo, since it's the most cost-effective way to do the car. If Festiva owners are constantly considered outlandish overdoers for their conversions, the car will never take off. But I think a clean, tucked, classy looking Festiva would do the trick. I wish Simon had tried to get his car in the pages of the Spo-Com.

Comment

Pimptiva was not a cheap and affordable swap, Simon spent close to 25,000 dollars on it in total. And he only had the B6 in it when he tore it down.

Comment

I know that.

But a car could be done clean like Pimptiva was for much less than 25K. A clean paintjob, the motor swap, lowering, rims and a redone interior, along with all of the do-dads could be done for between 8-10 K, easy. If you did your own interior and paint, I'd change that price to 5-7 K.

I'm not talking about a milion aftermarket items, such as clutchs, custom axles, that sexy sunroof Pimptiva had, or anything else.

Still, sorry if I offended any Pimptiva fans by implicating that the car was cheap. I dig that car. It's on my screensaver.

Comment

You didn't offend me, I just own the shell, and I can tell you it has had alot of time and heart put into it.

Yeah you could definetely build a sweet clean ride for 10k easy, I agree you. Where I am at right now is about 2500 and that is because I got lucky with simons shell :-) But I plan on putting probably another 4 or 5k into it in the next couple of years.

Comment

didn't it cost him 25,000 because he made three of them and two got totaled?
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065064/1
                            Paulbarrera12.com
                            Festiva Visualizer Project

Comment

^^yes

Comment

I could do a crazy swap, but I would prefer a daily driver with some class. Going for a more japan parts and motor swap just very clean.

Plans are going like this. Motor 4ag(black top) 20valve ITB's and nitrous
                                Trying to find a 6 speed tranny
                                GTX front bumpers and maybe hood & Spoiler
                                Very light tint
                                some nice light seats
                                minimal gauges
                                nice forged 15 inch wheels and upgraded brakes
                                Coilovers
                                Nice stealth audio system & alarm

So far very sleeper and comfortably fast.

Comment

Working...
                                X