No announcement yet.

Surer cold still starts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went out today to start my car for the first time in the afternoon... it was around 9* with a wind chill advisory saying feels like -15*. Went to start it, gargles to start, then turns over struggling to go for about 15-20 seconds then finally starts up... Boo cold!
    Ian Carr
    88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
    99' S70 T5M- faster DD
    86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

I'll bet you could run sand in the ole 1.3, and it would still find someway to make it work. You really gotta take what part store people say lightly. They at best have only known anything about a car for two weeks, and that just happens to be how long they have been working at there current job the automotive parts store. Its doesn't help if you have some weird car like an RX-7. They just can't deal with that. Two triangles spinning you say? Festivas seem to be throw away cars in most peoples eyes, and they always recommend some bullshit overkill solutions for problems that aren't that big.--Jeremie

Comment

Most of your quality auto parts stores are not around anymore, your big chainstores Autozone,murrays,advanced auto,pepboy. forced them out along with knowegable parts people.most of the people working parts counters now know little about a car, I had a young lady tell me they don't pay me enough to want to know.
        Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
        99 Dodge Caravan SE
        95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
        94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
        78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
        78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
        03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
        95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
        95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
        95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

ya, mine almost didn't start today, -18, it just kinda kept sputtering the whole time it was cranking, then I put her to the floor and it started, but just barely, and then after it started to rev up a bit ( on one or two cylinders) all four started firing, I think there was ice in the fuel maybe, I put some fuel antifreeze in it today to help for the rest of the week, its suposed to stay that cold all week

Comment

Its only 10 here but thanks to a bad starter I have have to sit for bout 30seconds of barely cranking before itll start. Then it sounds like its running on three cylinders till it warms up.
            Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

If you have a good battery and all your ignition components are in good shape, the Festiva will just about always start in cold conditions (-7° F isn't that cold ) My Festivas don't really complain until it gets in the -15 - -20 range. When you get in the -30 - -40 range, then things get a little rough. When I was going to school in Grand Forks ND, my Festiva sat out all night in -40 ° temps and it started up(but it didn't like it!) I suggest plugging in any car when the temp falls below -15° F or so. It's a lot easier on the engine. It's also a good idea to throw in a bottle of gasline antifreeze occasionally, especially if you don't use ethanol blended gas.

Comment

Working...
              X