Festiva heat rules the winter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva heat rules the winter!

I have heard alot of people complaining about there Festiva heater just not making enough heat for the winter time. I'd like to know where you guys are located. Its been 16-25 degrees the last few days, and my Festiva has had no problems heating the car, me, and my passengers.

It's the guys with the "mcparts" aftermarket single stage thermostat. You've probably got the original in yours.
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

It's been -15C the past few days and the cabin is definitely not getting hot. I think I have an air leak somewhere.

What I don't understand is why the Festiva doesn't put heat out of the face vents?
      BP powered 91 Festiva L
      -FMS springs, GR2 struts, Toyo T1R 195/45/14 on Swift GT alloys
      -Trunk mounted gel battery
      -Suzuki Swift GT seats, Grant GT steering wheel, auto-locks
      -Blaupunkt Melbourne deck with Bluetooth, sealed single 12" sub

Comment

Because Mazda in their wisdom decided we didn't need it..

Comment

^^^ I'm actually trying to find a solution to that problem right now while I have the whole heater core and blower motor assembly out. But I don't think its gonna be possible to fix, cause the heater is in the bottom, and the fan is up near the top.
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Located in the chicagoland area. Its 0* right now. -25* windchill. I put a piece of cardboard in front of the radiator covering it all. I get heat in like 10min on the b3. Even faster on the b6. I cant wait to see the BP in the cold.
            It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

I put a thermometer to my floor vents last night. In 16 degree weather my lower vent it still putting 105 degrees out.--Jeremie

Comment

my car can puts out heat no problem... it just takes like 10-15 minutes to get there LOL. Stupid huge radiator.
                Ian Carr
                88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
                99' S70 T5M- faster DD
                86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

I'm also in chicagoland area same piece of cardboard good 50/50 antifreeze mix, -3 this am let festy run 15/20 min plenty heat
                  Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
                  99 Dodge Caravan SE
                  95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
                  94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
                  78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
                  78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
                  03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
                  95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
                  95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
                  95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck
                    ^^^ I'm actually trying to find a solution to that problem right now while I have the whole heater core and blower motor assembly out. But I don't think its gonna be possible to fix, cause the heater is in the bottom, and the fan is up near the top.
                    Hey, could you take some pics? Let us know if you find a solution. It would be great to have warm air blowing on my cold hands in the morning. My Corolla had that feature.

Question for everyone: what's a 2 stage thermostat versus 1-stage?

Nat
                    BP powered 91 Festiva L

Comment

this kinda goes along with this. When driving around 55-70 and up the top of both driver and passenger side doors let air in. The top of the doors pull away from the car and shake and it is letting air in. does this happen to anyone else

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2304767

Comment

Yes all the time, trying to find a fix
                        Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
                        99 Dodge Caravan SE
                        95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
                        94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
                        78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
                        78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
                        03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
                        95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
                        95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
                        95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

If you got alot of heat in this weather, your tstat is bad and staying closed???

Comment

Well, I have the dash all put back together now, and no solution to making heat come out of the top vents. Its not possible because of the way the blower motor is situated.
                            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by lilred
                              this kinda goes along with this. When driving around 55-70 and up the top of both driver and passenger side doors let air in. The top of the doors pull away from the car and shake and it is letting air in. does this happen to anyone else
                              Yes, I also experience this all the time. I'm going to investigate the door seals. Maybe mine are too old. Rubber does dry out over time, if they are indeed rubber, and it goes flat.
                              BP powered 91 Festiva L

Comment

Working...
                              X