No announcement yet.

"cars that last a million miles"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yay for the festiva! i had 320k before i did anything but alternators to it! at 339k now!
    89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
    92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
    New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

^^ Amazing, what a gem, GO GEEZER :!: Now calulate how much $ youve saved on gas, tires, oil changes, repairs, property taxes, etc.
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva
        Now calulate how much $ youve saved on gas, tires, oil changes, repairs, property taxes, etc.
        it'd be thousands

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I think Al Bundy's Plymouth Duster almost went a million miles.--Jeremie

Comment

Originally posted by ectonine
            I think Al Bundy's Plymouth Duster almost went a million miles.--Jeremie
            From driving it , or being pushed :lol: :lol: :lol:
            ------------------------------------------------
            The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
            Smart Passion white with H-D interior
            HD2500 Duramax Chevy
            Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
            Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
            Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
            Z28 LS1 power 500 +
            90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
            It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

HAHA! A little of both I think. To bad Peggy left it out of park.--Jeremie

Comment

480,000 miles / 40mpg = 12,000 gallons (that would be 1200+ fill ups over 19 years)
                So even back when gas was $1.00/gal that would have been $12,000 in gas. :shock:
                ~Jeff
                1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
                1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
                2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

$12,000 would buy a brand new fully loaded Stiva!!!--Jeremie

Comment

That's not even factoring in how many cars you didn't have to buy while racking up the miles on festivas.
                    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by ectonine
                      $12,000 would buy a brand new fully loaded Stiva!!!--Jeremie
                      Actually I think it would by 2 optioned out 93 GL's.
                      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Mine was $7200 new in 1988.
                        It's and L Plus with AC, AM/FM/Cassette, Side stipe and rear defrost.
                        Right after I got it I add the Ford floormats, Cruse Control and Mud Flaps.
                        ~Jeff
                        1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
                        1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
                        2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

OK so 1 optioned out funtop & a beater carby model
                          It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

my first festiva had 430 000 miles on it when i bought it. got it up to 500 odd thousand an the front wheel bearings melted an the brakes quit. wish i would of kept it now. my current festiva is near 250 thousand. but its getting a built sohc b6 soon an ive swapped in a tach cluster. so while i wrote down the mileage at time of swap ive stopped watching it due to the fact its gonna be basically new underneath in the coming weeks. i also have a 75 plymouth duster with 30 thousand odd miles on it. runs fine.
                            is not sposed ta do that...
                            05 subaru legacy gt
                            1991 nissan nx2000(almost awesome as a festiva, my first failed mtx)
                            1988(?) festiva LX 5spd (rescued from crusher,aspire swap done, working on turbocharging the 1.3...)

Comment

i got 351k km's on mine, it was driven from outwest saskatchewan to the east coast of nova scotia. It still runs, the mechanic who took a look at it told them it would die before they reached manitoba. THREE years ago. and she's still running. the guy who owned the car before me died, and he loved that car like a son. i plan to fix its compression problems, replace its tranny, and put a B6 in it when i can afford it, and when that dies im going to convert it to electric.
                              these car's are tanks, and people do not appreciate them enough. If everyone in the world drove a festiva, global warming issues would be years down the road.

1.3Liter 4 cylinder FI , OHC, FWD, 3DR, 4ST, Stud. Tires

Comment

Working...
                              X