No announcement yet.

Hurray I'm laid off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know what if feels like guys...i have been laid off in the past. But now i think my boss needs me more than i need him. I am trying to leave California and everytime i try to leave he offers me more money and vacation. The latest was 1 month paid vacation every year regardless when and how much i wanted to take at a time...plus a raise.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES
      I know what if feels like guys...i have been laid off in the past. But now i think my boss needs me more than i need him. I am trying to leave California and everytime i try to leave he offers me more money and vacation. The latest was 1 month paid vacation every year regardless when and how much i wanted to take at a time...plus a raise.
      Nice! You gotta love leverage. You must be doing a good job. Either making or saving him some good $. My sister got offered 40 hours pay for 20 hours work. She's been doing that for a long time. Now they are offering her enough that her husband could quit his high $ job to come back to fulltime. She's still holding out. She likes her time at home too much.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

job

local paper had a IT postionin in help wanted section this week starting wage was 29.00 bucks anhour
        1992 black GL
        1991 white GL
        1991 blue L parts car
        1992 blue L from Japan R.H.D.
        1948 ford conv. hot rod

Comment

^ thats not bad!

Comment

Originally posted by hotrodin4me
            local paper had a IT postionin in help wanted section this week starting wage was 29.00 bucks anhour
            I couldn't work for that. I charge a $60 service call and $60 per hr min 1 hr for non commercial and $120 service call and $120 hr min 1 hr for commercial..

Comment

am not a jerk!!
              That ain't what I hear. :lol: Just Kidding!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't boot me out of here. Not laid off here yet, but damn near got no bills left, so in the next few months I will be able to work where I work only cause I want to. :headbang: :headbang:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva
                am not a jerk!!
                That ain't what I hear. :lol: Just Kidding!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't boot me out of here. Not laid off here yet, but damn near got no bills left, so in the next few months I will be able to work where I work only cause I want to. :headbang: :headbang:
                :laughing3: :laughing3:
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Re: job

Originally posted by hotrodin4me
                  I wouldn't get off of my lazy-boy for 29 an hour.
                  The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                  BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

i haven't got laid off yet, but its looking like the place where i'm working is about to go under, so soon i could be without a job

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I got laid off my construction job just before Christmas. Got called back just yesterday for only 4 hrs. to repair a few loose ends. Boss says in another 3 wks. or so he'll be back & starting another job but didn't exactly invite me outright...maybe it's too far away or he's not quite sure.
                      I'm also "self employed" as a copier / fax / printer tech but that's slim pickins these days too with all the disposable stuff out there.

Comment

ya i got laid off due to a feud with another family between us, ya a retarted reason

but im tryin to get some work, considering taking next phase off so i can get a job and get training out of the way, i have a good lead from ericsmith on a job in grandview so i may hit him up lol gotta wait till after the finals to go out tho
                        2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
                        1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
                        1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
                        http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X