Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHERE HAVE YOU GUYS HAD THE MOST SUCCESS FINDING FESTI'S???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CVT's are strange!!!! I have a Ford Frestyle, and it has one.... I wasnt so thrilled by in when i first got it, but when you get used to it you cant beat it. They are just so smooth!! I didnt know that the Caliber came with one? I guess they will get more popular as people get used to them. I just wonder on the logevity of them?
    93 Mustang LX Coupe 54K 347 S-Trim 515 RWHP **Stock apearence**

92 Ford Ranger XLT 331-T-Trim, TKO 3550 13"Wilwoods, 17" Cobra's, B-II Sway Bar Mod, Explorer front bar.

91 Ford Festiva GL 30K orgional - soon to be cut to pieces!

Comment

that sounds pretty cool litesong. i just wish that they made AUTO festiva's with OD..
      There is no replacement for displacement, except for the turbo in my basement.

Comment

I found 3 in my yard, see my ad, the 89 runs.

also try craigslist. you can start here...

Comment

Hey men, good luck and keep looking. It took me almost four years. But I finally got one a few weeks back. It was relatively cheap too. The seller is a backyard car dealer who bought the car wholesale for sale. But he has too many cars and decided to get rid of the Festiva. He had it listed as a 90 Festiva with CV joint or axle problems. When I saw the ad on craigslist I called him right away. Then bad weather hit the DC area. So I thought that somebody else got it already. When I called him he says the car is mine but its snowed over. So we agreed to meet up in a few days when the snow melt. The snow did not melt for a few more days. Then another cold snap blew in. Three weeks after I saw the add I finally made arrangement to pick up the car. When I got there the car turned up to be a 93 Festiva GL. Three years later then I originally thought. The left front signal light needs to be replaced and the speedometer is not working. The front windshield also has a crack that I might have to replace to pass safety inspection. Despite these faults I think it was a good buy. The body is pretty good no major damage just small dents. Either way I am holding on to this baby. I am just sorry I did not buy one back in 1990 new I bought a toyota tercel instead.

Comment

Comment

Hi Gang...My 88 Festiva is up to 69,600 miles now. Been using it for work. I'm having a great time driving my Caliber & thot I'd really start piling on some Festiva miles too. But was wondering if I should continue keeping low miles on the Festiva(run it for exercise once in a while). Seems few Festivas have less than 150,000 miles on them. I damaged the passenger door & had it repaired so the door functions. & the color is faded, more in places than others. But it runs well(carburetor could be smoother), MPG has dropped a bit from its wonderful average of 45MPG(but it still gave me 48MPG on one trip around the Puget Sound), the inside is OK, ALL electrics function, & is rain tight everywhere.

I've been adding HEET occasionally, to lock up gas tank water in our wet Northwest here. Is this good practice?

Hi Urtoast...Yes, the SE Caliber is the cheapest available CVT(mine was $14,000). I'd been waiting for a lower cost reliable CVT(most had belt problems) for 16 years. The belt is made of carbon fiber graphite, 4 times stronger than steel. I believe the carbon fiber graphite solves the longevity problem. However, the pulleys that widen & narrow to change CVT gearing run by hydraulics. Hard acceleration run the hydraulics to 900 to 1000 pounds per square inch. I think it is important that the CVT be driven with a feather foot to dramatically keep the hydraulic pressures down. Anyhow, I bet with my pocketbook, that my Dodge Caliber CVT will last a long time(if I feather foot).

Comment

well as you guys know i bought 2 festivas for 300 dollars.
                the guy has a 91? L silver (AT) with perfect interior and pretty nice exterior for only $995 dollars i will post some pics for him and give you guys his number as soon as i get time to...
                my festivas are great i really cant see myself ever getting a deal like that again...wish me luck with them!
                There is no replacement for displacement, except for the turbo in my basement.

Comment

Congrats on the find!

Festivas are getting expensive now, and you'll probably never get a deal like that again.
                  White '89L auto - Sold!
                  Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Working...
                  X