Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for your loss, travis. I did not know DJ, but i never would have bought the car i love and want to do so much with if he had not made this website. My condolences to you and your mother. i hope you will follow your father and continue the festiva website, i will try to set aside some $$ to donate to the website to keep it going.

1.3Liter 4 cylinder FI , OHC, FWD, 3DR, 4ST, Stud. Tires

Comment

• I have been away for awhile but I took some time off and just got a chance to visit the site and I couldn't believe what I read. RIP DJ. You are missed.
      Building on a budget sucks

Comment

• great man we talked onlya few times. i sold him a bp a year or so ago. the few times we talked it was for hours, like wwe were old friends. he was a great guy a true inovater (sp). we had a few good laughs talking about our favorite little hot rods. wish i could have met him. my prayers go out to his family.

i would like to know how to get a in memory sitcker i want 3 for my festivas. dj your memory will live on through us all. r.i.p DJ

Comment

• hi everyone, i was just verified today to join the forums, we were moving and i just got back online. this is the first site i went to since my net was down and i see this about the owner of the site. sorry my condolences are a bit late, but i do hope the family and friends of DJ are coping with their loss. i can already see the heartfelt dedication that's went into this site and how everyone involved has formed such a tight community. i look forward to being a part of it. sincerest condolences and warmest regards - Brenda (Moira, NY)

Comment

• I am so sorry for your loss. I had sold my Festiva a few years ago and I check the site out from time to time just to read what new mods DJ had done to his cars. I am just in shock. I never meet him in person, but felt like he was friend to everyone.

DJ RIP you will be missed

Comment

• Though I didn't know Dj personally, he did give really good advice... He will be missed dearly!
              -John (Tekmbster)

2001 Kia Spectra GS
              90' L 5spd. - Sold (4/2003)

Comment

• Oh no. I've been away for a long time and I just came back and saw this. I'm so very sorry. I never met DJ in person but I read many of his articles and posts here. He was a great guy. Farewell DJ, and thank you for what you gave to all of us.
                :cat:
                Proud former owner of a shineee blue '93 Festiva L. Marvin will be missed.

Comment

• I'm sorry this is so late in coming. I was on here for quite some time under a different name, but had to take a break for various reasons. I just wanted to express my deepest condolences for the loss incurred by both the Hayek family and the Festiva community, not to mention the world. DJ was truly a friend to everyone here, even if they had never spoken to him. He will be gravely missed by all.

To quote both a song and a movie
                  "all we are is dust in the wind..."

Comment

• Hey all im very sorry about Dj

I was helping Dj with the old FF.Com uploading all the the info on the site as well doing so much to help dj keep up the site up. Dj was a verry great person wanted to meet him but i was young and really had no chance Sorry.. I was wondering about him a while ago so thats what made me come back in here and see how the old FF.com was. And thats when i found the bad news a great man that i have awiles wanted to meet and we talked on the pn and helped each other out with things has pased away. makeing me feel real bad. Im sorry im late on the news here but wow thats some shocking news.

Dennis From New york
                    Dennis
                    93 Sploder

Comment

• :cry: Without this site I would have never bought a Festiva, RIP DJ you will never be forgotten.
                      -Fred
                      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                      -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                      -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• Hard to believe it's been over two years. Still miss reading his posts. Anyone have any idea how Mammabear and the family are doing?

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

• My kids have run into them a couple times and they always seem to be doing alright... I will try and get by there later this week, if they still live in the same house.
                          88 Smaller Hauler

Comment

• ^^Inga moved out of the house awhile ago I believe.
                            Brian
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                            :fish:

Comment

• Last December she was in an apartment.
                              I don't have the addy but might be able find it, if your interested.
                              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                              '92 Aqua parts Car
                              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                              Your holy ghost will not save you.
                              Your God plutonium will not save you.
                              In fact...
                              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• My kids have ran into Inga and the boys, but I seem to always miss them... so maybe I will have better luck this movie night.
                                88 Smaller Hauler

Comment

Working...
                                X