Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow that is truely sad, sorry for your loss. i never really talked to him but i do know what it is to loose some one you care about, especially your father.
    1993 B6T swapped Festiva- Reich raceing ECU, Cork Sport down pipe, MBC for now, Capri Tranny. sold

1993 BBF 466cid mustang notch 7.7 ltre
    festiva turbo b18 project
    2001 BMW 325i
    1996 ford F-150 sold

Comment

• Originally posted by xpnsyd
      I am DJ's sister and am so very proud that my brother touched so many people. He was a very good man that died much too soon. I cannot begin to express how much your words has meant to our mother and me. Thank you all for being there for Inga and the kids. This site meant the world to him. I know Travis will have much help keeping it alive for Dave. Again thank all of you for your love and support for my brother and his family.
      Kelly (Hayek) Kimbel
      Kelly you can thank your Mom for raising such a good guy! I know I will personally miss him!
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

• I AM HAVING A REAL HARD TIME LOGGING IN NOW

THE TEARS IMMEDIATLY START WELLING UP

Comment

• I am D.J.'s mom. I have read all of your kind words about my son. It has helped so tremendously to know that he was loved and respected by so many people. There are no words to say how much I will miss him. But it fills me with great pride to know that he touched so many lives. Again thank you for all of the comments.
          Sorrowfully,

DJ's mother (Bonita Joslyn)

Comment

• The best Festiva owner, period.

A great guy, who's passion was called Festiva's.

We will miss him, but to honor his memory, we should always keep in mind that DJ is in each and every Festiva we own.

RIP DJ
            Is that a Festiva that just passed me?!?!?!

Comment

• I AM HAVING A REAL HARD TIME LOGGING IN NOW

THE TEARS IMMEDIATLY START WELLING UP
              Same here.

It's really nice to hear from his family members.

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

• like said before he was a great american citizen period.

Comment

• The silver car's tribute to DJ

Without him and this forum I never would have gone out and purchased the silver car (and I probably wouldn't even be driving the blue one anymore)... DJ was a great asset to this community both as owner/operator and as an inspiration to all of us. I'm officially dedicating the silver car's carputer build in memory of DJ and his amazing car Techno
                  No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• I was just awoke from a hard sleep only to hear Inga's breaking voice telling me of His passing... I don't know truly how to express my feelings for DJ.

DJ, brother, I can sit here and think back about the INSANE road trip to AZ, speaker wire fan belt, Florida trip, meeting Rich and loading both festies down and bringing them all the way back to Houston, many nights spent way late building speaker boxes, late night complete rewiring the entire car, Road trip to pick up Red machine, and a number of other great times we had together. My heart is breakin while I am trying to type. You cared for everyone that was part of the festiva community, even if they were problems, you still did your best to make things work right. Your energy that flowed from you was a wonderful thing to be around. I can truly say I was and always will feel honored to have not only meet you & your family, but to have spent many an hour either raodtripping, visiting, or just BSing about everything from work, computers, FF members, or anything else that was happening at the time. You will be missed by many, many people, but you will not go forgotten. Rest in peace!!

Inga, I will be here to offer any help to you & your kids that I can. My deepest heart felt condolences go out to you in this very tough time. You are standing strong for your family and your love for DJ. I am only a phone call away.

Somehow, the sig line that has been posted at the bottom of every post I have made here seems to be fitting. To me, he lived to enjoy life and he helped others live theirs happier too... :dj:
                    88 Smaller Hauler

Comment

• Originally posted by htchbck
                      The silver car's tribute to DJ

Without him and this forum I never would have gone out and purchased the silver car (and I probably wouldn't even be driving the blue one anymore)... DJ was a great asset to this community both as owner/operator and as an inspiration to all of us. I'm officially dedicating the silver car's carputer build in memory of DJ and his amazing car Techno
                      thats what i want to do, did you have a vinal made or did you paint that, if you painted that can i get a scan of the template,

and to DJ's family that has posted here,

It is good to hear from you all, he was a great man and an inspration to us all, he loved the little econoboxes, and he got others to love them, this site is one reason i take care of my aspire and not just beat the crap out of it, he is one of the ones that got me to respect the little beast.

if you guys want to get anything off your chest, you are more than welcome to post away on here, we will help with what ever we can, dont be shy, we are a great community here and all friends in one way or another.
                      2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
                      1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
                      1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
                      http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

• this is david's nephew Leroy he was really the only family i had on my moms side i am so greatfull for ur kind words i had no idea how lives he had touched he will truly be missed i know this was his passion i always gave him s%#t about the little tiny shoebox cars he had but i always respected the time work and blood sweat and tears he put into them he was a great guy and i am truly lost wothout him he was just way to young to die he was the greatest uncle i had me and him conected on so many levels he was always there to tell me to stop puttin my mom through hell and he always was here to talk to me ur kind words have really helped these words are the first thing to make me cry i didn't realize how loved he was he will always be in my heart and this has made start rethinking the way i am living my life and thank you all for the support u giving my family we all need it thank you so much its good to know there is still caring people left in this world tahnk you i alos wrote a blong on my myspace if anyone wants to read it they can at myspace.com/chub_chub426

thank you for the support
                        Leroy Kimbel
                        RIP uncle david i will always love u and u are greatly missed

Comment

• :cry: I didn't know D.J. as well as my husband did...the festiva stuff was kind of boring to me....:~( ...........Sorry guys. But I did get to know Inga a lot better and the boys. We would sit in the living room and talk while Eric and D.J. were outside with the festies or in the computer room working on those things....

We love you and you will be sadly missed
                          Shortys_Wifie
                          Missy
                          88 Smaller Hauler

Comment

• my deepest sympothys, he's in a better place

Comment

• I didn't know him, but his knowledge and experience helped everyone that visits this site. It's a shame when someone so young goes
                              4-spd 1989 Festiva - carburated baby!

Comment

• Sorry

I am a newbe, but certainly admire and appreciate a person that can put together a useful thing such as this site! DJ's passing is unfortunate but his thoughtfulness and consideration will always been in use and of great value to each and everyone of us that uses this great source of information and companionship.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                                X