whats your miles per gallon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats your miles per gallon?

well im getting ready to own my second festiva. im buying one tommorow a 1988 with 88,000 miles on it. it is also a 4 speed. what your guys miles per gallon? i cant wait to save some money on gas. i was driving my air bagged and body dropped 88 chevy fullsize ex cab longbed daily. using around 60.00 or better a week in gas. these gas prices are insane! festiva's are getting hard to find. what will i get mpg ball park? thanks guys.

Depends on how it's been treated.

Mine got 18 mpg when I bought it. =(

After some work I get about 30 to 33 in the winter and 36 to 43 during the summer depending on driving conditions.
    www.dantheoilman.com
    AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
    Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
    Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

That has to be a record for worst gas mileage! Even a Mustang gets better than 18 mpg....

What did you do to improve it?

Regards,

Tim
      White '89L auto - Sold!
      Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Mine averages between 30-35mpg, when I don't drive like a maniac!

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I just finished my first tank of gas so the numbers aren't perfect but for that tank I did 37. That was with me driving like a madman trying to do stoppies, I think I almost did. I also moved a ton of stuff out of storage for a friend, about 100 miles with the car at the gross max.

-Ox
          OX SMASH!!

Comment

well tommorow i will have the fasteva legal. i cant wait to see what it will do gas wise. today i bought it and i gave it a nice wax job(never been waxed since 1988 by the looks of it),cleaned it inside and out undercoated the fender wells. gave her some love,so lets see what she will do. it only had 85,000 miles on it (barely broke in). its a 1988 l model. sucks its a 4 speed but o well. it was a one owner car,nice find.

Comment

When I bought this thing it had a MAJORLY blown head gasket. I mean, 1/2 gallon of coolant, 10 quarts in the crank case.

The exhaust was broken in half. Plugs were fouled, etc etc etc.

So between: head gasket, welding, tune up, new tires, and www.auto-rx.com it went up a lot.
              www.dantheoilman.com
              AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
              Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
              Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

I usually get 35 mpg which is city driving 4 miles to work & 1/2 city 1/2 highway on weekends. This weekend I took a trip and went over to Jefferson, WI for the 99 acre swap. I got 39mpg. I kept the car at 60mph in a 65 there and back. I think I could have squeezed out another mpg or two if it wasn't windy and if I took out the boombox out of the back.
                SOLD '91 Festiva GL
                SOLD '93 Festiva L
                '02 S-10
                '98 S-10 ZR2 6'' SuperLift 2'' Body Lift 35's!
                '70 VW Camper
                '01 Honda Helix
                '05 Stella

Comment

well today i filled it up 16.50 to fill it at 1.99 a gallon. ran it all day today,still on full tank. damn these cars are great. my friends want one now,lol.

Comment

My gas guage is weird, I do the first 100 miles or so and it still says F, then another 100 and it's at 3/4, then another 100 and it's at 1/4, then I get about 50 miles to E, then another 50 and it runs dry.
                    OX SMASH!!

Comment

mine gets about 40-45 mpg, but it has a 95 aspire b3 with the roller rockers in the head, and using the 88 carb system. so it's kinda an oddball setup. not sure if the roller rockers help that much with the milage but i do seem to be getting slightly better than average gas milage. i agree about the fuel gauge though...man those things are funky, gonna replace the sender to see if that fixes it. seems like it'll sit on full for 3 days of driving and then it drops FAST lol.
                      Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
                      1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
                      1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
                      2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

It's normal for a gas gauge to react like that. It's basically a float (like in your toilet tank) so when it's full the float is stuck at the top, and the level in the tank needs to lower somewhat before the float actually lowers.

On the MPG subject, mine have dropped more or less suddenly from 40-45 to 35-38. This happened when I changed from winter to summer tires. I though the opposite was supposed to happen. I'll be changing my air filter, hope that helps
                        I will NOT drive a minivan

Comment

The best I've gotten with my aspire was 45 mostly on the highway, but I usually get about 38.

Comment

I usualy get 38-42... now that i'm driving myself it may be a little lower tho :roll:

it seemed that the MPG was dropping a little while back, though, and it was idling a bit funny. got some FI cleaner (the stuff you dump in your gass tank)... put the whole thing in, and idling improved and got like 43mpg the next time!
                            We'll see how it improves from now on, but i think it deff helped and its good for the engine. Get it at the dollor stoor... best and cheapest way to improve your MPG.
                            Nate
                            ----------
                            Personal Gallery: http://www.fordfestiva.com/forum/alb...hp?user_id=122

Comment

It's warmin up! Got 31mpg (auto assfire w/fat dude driving and a metric assload of metric tools). Woohooo!

-=Whittey=-

Comment

Working...
                              X