No announcement yet.

whats your miles per gallon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i got 355 miles out of a full tank. its a 4 speed,im pretty happy. i dont know what mpg i got,anyone know?

Comment

10 gallon tank, so thats around 35 mpg
      OX SMASH!!

Comment

thanks i was thinking 35-36 miles per gallon. im going to tune it up,change oil,filters,adjust the idle a little. see if i can get more out of it. i even ran the shit out of it a little. im going to try to use the dummy shift light next time.

Comment

That's if you get 10 gallons in/out of it. My largest fillup so far has only been 7.6 gallons or so. (95 assfire)

-=Whittey=-

Comment

I did 9.2 on my first one. 9.1 on the second.

The easiest way to check your milage, every time you buy gas, write your milage on the receipt, add it to a paper clip, and throw the bundle in the glove box. Then at some point take em out and enter them all into excel.
            OX SMASH!!

Comment

milage

Hi ,Have a 93 1.3 with 5speed, just took it in on trade ,did a major tune up and cleaned the throttle body ,filled it up to the cap and off I went all open road driveing here in Az put on 107 miles an refilled it back to the cap it took 2.1 gals real close to 51 mph not bad for a Kia-Mazda-Ford, just might keep this one, have a good day Slim
              Slim still learning

Comment

my GF 92 got 50 on our first test trip on highway....

her subsiquent tanks going to work and back are around 41, she goes a lot of back mountrain road shortcuts... start stop repeat.

my 96 aspire in daily short 4-10 mle start stops is getting 34 and its an automatic.

since Ive discovered there is no leaks other than the valve cover I am going to switch to 5w30 synthetic on the next oil change and see if the mpg increase they claim is real or BS.

stay tuned :wink:

Comment

I got my worst mileage ever - 23 mpg.

I've noticed my fuel economy drops by about 10 mpg when I have the A/C on. If the compressor is on its way out again I am going to do something violent.....

But it blows ICE cold. I love it!

Regards,

Tim.
                  White '89L auto - Sold!
                  Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

mine has been about 50 mpg on a consistent basis. The only time that it has been lower is when the 2 barrel on the carb was stuck slightly open and it would never idle at the low idle. the MPG went down to about 32. Oh yea, its a 89 l with a 4 speed. Not too bad!
                    "If it's too loud, Youre too old!"
                    Get in, sit down, shut up, and hang on!"

Comment

My gas mileage increased noticably after I replaced the spark plugs. I'm averaging about 34 mpg per tank. Plus the A/C broke so that extra load is gone from the engine.

Regards,

Tim
                      White '89L auto - Sold!
                      Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

I get around 34-35 with A/C on, 93 Festiva w/auto.
                        Brian
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                        :fish:

Comment

Are any of these cars equipped with a B6t or B6?
                          My Mods/Pics
                          MY VIDEO

Comment

B6T Gas Mileage

My first tank in my B6T i got 26mpg....I was hoping for a little better then that but we'll see. It's still not running perfect. What do all you other B6T's get for gas mileage?

Shaun

Comment

26mpg US/30mpg UK all the time - seems even worse on long runs on the highway...gas mileage sucks totally for such a small underpowered car.

It is oh-so reliable though for some strange reason.
                              Tell it like it is...not how it should be

Comment

My Marvin averages about 45. All of my daily commute is 55mph highway.
                                :cat:
                                Proud former owner of a shineee blue '93 Festiva L. Marvin will be missed.

Comment

Working...
                                X