Rally festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rally festiva

Looks like someone is rallying a festiva in scca.... if anybody have more info on this... I just got some pics..

'96 Aspire
    '91 Lx Gone...

I hope to follow in there foot steps, then leave them in my wash!
    Jspec B6t, Starion Conquest intercooler, Greddy Type S bov. Go Fast Bits Mach 1 bov. Spec Stage 4 clutch. SDS engine management.

Comment

The festiva Im picking up was going for that look.

That does look pretty cool. More pics would be nice.
      Those who think drifting through life is easy, never tried it in an FWD.

Comment

It's probably the same Jon Rood;
        Quote from eBay
        "with no knowlege of cars.he,armed only with the skills of an 18th century blacksmith,removed the front axles and wheel bearings,damaging both in the process"

Comment

Cool, I like it.

Comment

Aspire brake swap with Protege GT wheels... awesome!
            * Retired Festiva-er*
            1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
            B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments, it's been a great project so far. I just noticed this post, off of another. If anyone has questions feel free to ask, I built the car up myself from a $75 shell. For the '04 season I ran a B6 engine, lower on power, kept me safe, reliable and taught me better car control. This year I swapped in a BP for my excitement. Only problem so far was the lsd I used, makes the car push when you get off the gas. Easy solution there, don't ever get off the gas, easier said than done.
              -Jon R.
              Jon Rood Car# 306

Comment

nice car. Post some pics of the interior, cage, and engine bay.

matt

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
                BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
                BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
                New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by jrally
                  Thanks for all the compliments, it's been a great project so far. I just noticed this post, off of another. If anyone has questions feel free to ask, I built the car up myself from a $75 shell. For the '04 season I ran a B6 engine, lower on power, kept me safe, reliable and taught me better car control. This year I swapped in a BP for my excitement. Only problem so far was the lsd I used, makes the car push when you get off the gas. Easy solution there, don't ever get off the gas, easier said than done.
                  -Jon R.
                  You used a 2 way LSD? That's Crazy haha. Is it a Phantom?

Comment

Yeap, a Phantom Grip, not a whole lot of choices.

The BP swap went pretty easily, I thought. One custom engine mount, and a custom aluminum radiator. Took us about 1 hour to reprogram the MegaSquirt ECU for the new engine.
                    -Jon R.
                    Jon Rood Car# 306

Comment

Way cool!!!!!!

I know who to call when its time for the BP. :headbang: :hello2:

Comment

that thing is freakin awesome! do you not compete in all of the rally america events?

i spectated at the susquehannock pro rally in PA and saw a swift but no festiva

Pics of the Tiva
                        Pics of the Cavi

Comment

If I had the money to run ProRally events, I probably wouldn't be running a Festiva. I race at the club level out in the South West part of the country. Rallying is very expensive, even to run a Festiva; maintenance, travel, entry fees, service crew room and board, etc... I cost nearly 1K per race for me to run, plus or minus depending on race days and locations. What Swift did you see? Was it white and turbo charged?
                          -Jon R.
                          Jon Rood Car# 306

Comment

Susquenhanna whatever you spell it

That is the only rally I get to see every year, you missed the 323 GTX that was there this year, it was nice, and finished alright, also a S10 that kicked some but, even though after the first water crossing he only had 2wd because he broke a front driveshaft.

Anyone in the PA area, I recommend this rally, I want to get together a festiva meet next year for the rally, maybe all crooze around for the stages and crooze main streat with the rally cars, I will post pictures sometime soon.

Logan

Comment

where did you get your LSD??
                              89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                              94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                              2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                              1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Working...
                              X