Smart cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart cars

This weekend I was on the Ohio turnpike when I saw a whole car hauler full of Smart cars! They look kinda neat, I need to find a dealer close to me so I can test drive one of them. They look like they would be fun to drive! Anyone here drive one?
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

the compony i work for is a distributor of zapp cars, we are the only distributor in Illinois. i hear hes trying to work a deal with lotus i beleive it is they have some electric cars coming out. ill see if i can find the website. i have not yet had a chance to drive one but i have an open inventation when ever i get a chance. if anyone wants to go let me know

Comment

i guess lotus helped desighn them but one of the guys said that lotus has a sport edition coming out which is suppose to be fast

Comment

I looked at that website the other day! Interesting!
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

we have one of those gay its almost like a sagway i drove it yesterday kind of pricey for a toy

Comment

those have been aveable up here for like 5 years
            89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
            RIP 90LX

Comment

yeah,

Damn Kid's dad has one!
              But his is the 798cc turbo diesel.
              We here in the US will not get that power plant!
              His dad may bring it to FF'07!

Damn Kid is that still a go?

Pu241
              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
              '92 Aqua parts Car
              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
              Your holy ghost will not save you.
              Your God plutonium will not save you.
              In fact...
              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

The 012 is unique looking

sigpic
                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

PopSci did a big writeup on touring the country in a Smartcar - http://www.time4.com/time4/microsite...artcar_p1.html

Color me underwhelmed. Take a Festiva, cut it in half and gain only 10mpg. This is what the future holds?

B
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  "You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought."

Comment

the guy that wrote that article seems pleased when he tells someone how he got 40 mpg. id be ashamed to drive something that small, and get that poor a mileage. just like we have talked about, remember the civic hf and the metro xfi that got better than that many moons ago. serves the big 3 right to lose money now.

the smart will appeal to the ones that follow the trends, oh wait thats most everyone isnt it :roll: i wonder why they would market a us model that gets poorer mileage than the others. seems thats the entire point of the exercise, isnt it? be fun to drive one, but id rather have a yaris as a new car.
                    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

It's too bad you guys won't get the turbodiesel. That's the only engine available here, and it's fast enough. I get passed on the highway on a pretty regular basis by those things. AND....the diesel gets incredible mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyracing
                        It's too bad you guys won't get the turbodiesel. That's the only engine available here, and it's fast enough. I get passed on the highway on a pretty regular basis by those things. AND....the diesel gets incredible mileage.
                        I just put that down to our retarded government officials both democrates and republicans looking out for them selves.
                        Wonder if I can bring one in from Canada without a lot of pain and suffering?

Pu241
                        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                        '92 Aqua parts Car
                        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                        Your holy ghost will not save you.
                        Your God plutonium will not save you.
                        In fact...
                        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

There are no diesels in 2007 models of any car or truck in the USA or Canada due to NOx restrictions. In 2008, the everyone will come out with a diesel engine that meets the requirements.
                          I will NOT drive a minivan

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241
                            yeah,

Damn Kid's dad has one!
                            But his is the 798cc turbo diesel.
                            We here in the US will not get that power plant!
                            His dad may bring it to FF'07!

Damn Kid is that still a go?

Pu241
                            he hasn't said 100% that he'll be going but he for sure wants to, i think he's just waiting til it's a bit closer to say 100% if not i may ask him to drive it :lol:

Originally posted by HappyMom
                            Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

There are no diesels in 2007 models of any car or truck in the USA or Canada due to NOx restrictions. In 2008, the everyone will come out with a diesel engine that meets the requirements.
                            my dad has heard something like that as well, but what he heard about the smart cars is that there converting over to gas, this could only be a rumor so only time will tell

Originally posted by todd00
                            the guy that wrote that article seems pleased when he tells someone how he got 40 mpg.
                            than there must be something wrong with his, my dad usually gets around 70 - 80 MPG with his

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I believe Mercedes has something called BlueTech which a Deisel for 2007. It is about a $1000 option which is pretty reasonable for any Mercedes option - LOL. Probably one of the few options that would pay for itself. I'll also bet that VolksWagen has a Deisel or two out there in the market oplace also.

Comment

Working...
                              X