Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what does the b6t swapped festy's run stock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what does the b6t swapped festy's run stock?

well obviously not stock but with stock boost and turbo and just the swap being completed?

also what about the 1/8th? around here a lot of people swap 2.3ltr turbos into their rangers and the whole reason i want to do this with the festy is so i can be faster than them(they are the honduhs and pudstans of shelbyville).

and just to save bandwidth i guess, my friend had an i had a idea and we tweaked it a bit but wanted to know if anyone has tried this yet. we are going to get a FMIC from a SRT4 and use some aluminum to mount it to the front grill and use hood pins to get some extra room in there for piping and rad. i mean take out the grill completely and use the fmic as the grill...
    There is no replacement for displacement, except for the turbo in my basement.

Well I can't tell you that.....but I will be able to soon....I am going to swap in a stock b6t.....with the exception of having an intercooler....It will be stock.....

I've wondered the same thing....but it really depends on a few things....first off if you run the stock tranny or a G25MR tranny you will see a difference in speed....better gearing and equal driveshafts in the G25MR.....

Second traction is everything...so it would greatly depend on what size with and grip your tire has as well as your tire/rim weight.

I'm sure you realize all of this and just want a ballpark figure from some people on this site......

I'll be sure to revisit this thread when i'm done with my swap and take it to the track.....

I would think you can expect low 14's to high 13's depending on the above stated ( tranny grip ect )

Also my car has a front mounted SRT4 intercooler but it is tucked behind the plate of the car......that's where I like it.....hence the name sleeper :wink:

Anyone have any "frim" times....I'd like to hear on this as well!
    Previous owner of 8 festivas... looking for number 9

Adam

Comment

Mike (fastiva55) ran a 14 something 2 weeks ago, Were going this friday so I'll post his times
      *1992 Sport "Beauty" and 1989 L "Beast"

Comment

I have heard a couple times a full weight ford festiva with a stock b6t swap runs give or take roughly a 13.5 quarter mile.

Comment

My car with a bigger turbo and ecu alot of upgrades only went 13.5 but I was on stock fuel pump and spun real bad.
          "Look, I have long hair, tats and smoke like a chimney.. All of my customers know it.. Don't like it? Don't turn over my rock."

RIP DJ

Comment

yea asspire swap is going to be the first thing after the swap(well right after that and burning the stock ones off of it for a nice vid. )

anyways i know enough people on here have been running the B6T's that their should be a lot of figures up by now. :'(

oh yea and sho-tyme what turbo are you running and what did you do for a mani?
            i was going to use the adapter plate off the 2.3ltr mustangs that have the t3 turbo, and weld it in place of the stock B6 plate, and then order a t3/t4 in hopes that it spools well.
            There is no replacement for displacement, except for the turbo in my basement.

Comment

Working...
            X