No announcement yet.

I think im going to cry!!!! sad day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logan - trust me dude, just tap them down, weld and add bodyfiller...

The welds are UNDER the windshield. I tried to remove a good cowl from my first car (after doing it on the 2nd one) and it didn't come out without getting bent and mangled. You're going to have an easier time just fixing the one that's installed...
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I was thinking of cutting out the frame from a stock hood and bonding the FMS hood to the frame. That way it would close like a stock hood and have some support.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

^^ Hey now...I hope you were not thinking of a certain white hood you happen to have...lol
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

^^ that would work!
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay
            I was thinking of cutting out the frame from a stock hood and bonding the FMS hood to the frame. That way it would close like a stock hood and have some support.
            sounds smart
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

^^don't encourage him....please....don't...lol
              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I've always wondered about at least bonding the front frame and latch hoop to the front of the fiberglass hood. Keeps standard opening procedures, security, and you could always add the pins for more safety.

Karl
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I don't know that I'd trust that...

Plus, the idea of the european hood (or a fiberglass hood for that matter) is to keep it LIGHT!
                  Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

If you're worried about safety; get a set of locking hood pins.
                    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

keeping it light?? come on stock hood weighs maybe 12lbs and fms is 8lns il make up for the 3lbs diffrence in HP, now if it was a mustang you could save 15lbs just by using a fiberglass hood

Comment

DJ went through 2 clip hoods ,the first one blew off on the freeway cracked the windshield, the second one he was mad at the motor wasn't doing what he wanted so he grabbed the hood and raised it to far back and cracked both hinges.They were both made with fiberglass. He was not a happy camper..

Comment

Working...
                        X