OLD LADYS CAR -- Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLD LADYS CAR -- Part II

Ok folds! I have kept it very quite for almost a month...till today...
    I didnt want to jinx my self by thinking I was getting another low milage car, and having something happen like last time! But I must say that everything ended up ok.... there were some bumps in the road on the way.. no thanks to the shipping company, but all in all it made it here a week in advance of there projected date, and it looks to be in good shape!

I Have to drop a note on here, and say I would have never EVER gotten this car if it was not for Todd00, you are a model Ford Festiva member, and a great friend! Thank you for all you have done to help me get this car! Now lets get yours running! I know of a perfect engine!

Maybe some of the CA members can explane the tags to me in CA?? I bought this car off a older lady that said she had lost the title, she said she would have it smogged, then put in my name and CA would send me a title..... they did I got the title last week, the tags were in the hatch area?? I never supplied Inshurence info?? of anything?? Now what? Do I have to turn these tags into CA?? I'm going to put the title through NC state, so I'm a bit confused why the prior owner registered it for me?? or even how she did it?? CA must be an easy place for DMV or something?? It's in my name and all with my address on the Registration card??

Well here she is..... I told the prior owner that I would take good care of it, and I just called to thank her for all she did. I think she thought I was full of it a first, good old Craigslist told her to ONLY deal localy! Good thing she was understanding, and Todd's persistent I guess I just feel a little bad that I'm going to cut it to pieces now?? I told her I would always garage it, like she did, so I did honer her that and put it in the garage EAKS! Dont tell her I'm getting some metal blades for my saw !

Well here it is....

93 Mustang LX Coupe 54K 347 S-Trim 515 RWHP **Stock apearence**

92 Ford Ranger XLT 331-T-Trim, TKO 3550 13"Wilwoods, 17" Cobra's, B-II Sway Bar Mod, Explorer front bar.

91 Ford Festiva GL 30K orgional - soon to be cut to pieces!

WOW! Nice clean looking car, almost a shame to cut it up. You willhave to keep us updated with pictures, this should be one of the closest SHOGUN replicas built!
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

Thanks! Yea I'm sorta fealing bad about cutting it up also... but it's for the better I guess..... I do have one more surprize up my sleve, but I will leave that for another day..

92 Ford Ranger XLT 331-T-Trim, TKO 3550 13"Wilwoods, 17" Cobra's, B-II Sway Bar Mod, Explorer front bar.

Comment

MAN....what a car....cut delicately. I am sure you are happy to finally be able to start your project. Do you have a time frame in mind?
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

the tags are the little sticks of the month and year that go on the top left and right corners, they should of sent them with the plate you received with title in the mail, you have to show proof of insurance and smog cert to get tags.
          ---------------------------------------------------
          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

i wouldn't cut up that car for a swap, redio, system, nothing. Rock it the way it is!! Where in cali did you buy this 32k gem??

Comment

Wow, really nice car you've got there.
              Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

The car looks good ,just had a short scared moment on the first pic of the floorboard on what that was or said until I saw and read the other one ops: :laughing9: :laughing2: :laughing1: :laughing9: :laughing2:

Comment

I do have the little stickers.....? But I never provided inshurence? Maybe the old owner did? So do you have to turn plates into CA? or just re-register in your new state?

Comment

I would reregister in the new state

Comment

Very nice find! I also think that it is WAY to nice to hack up.

That little old lady is going to be upset.... :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4:
                      1991 L 408,000 miles+ w/NEW B3 longblock!!
                      2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Comment

hey glad you finally got it. it does look great thanks for the kind words.

i wouldnt think you would have to do anything with the ca plates. say you had moved from ca to nc, you would just get a new nc title and tags. the old tags you could probably send back to get a partial refund on the yr paid for. other than that just frame them.

as far as cutting it up, well you intend to make a special rare car out of it. so i wouldnt feel bad. but i know what you mean as it does look perfect. glad all worked out well in the end for you.
                        "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

Glad to see you finaly got the car you've been looking for
                          ~Jeff
                          1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
                          1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
                          2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

Originally posted by b3 madness
                            Very nice find! I also think that it is WAY to nice to hack up.

That little old lady is going to be upset.... :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4:
                            What she dosnt know wont hurt her :wink: :angel4:

Todd00

Thanks again for all you did.... I will tell you it purrs... Very quiet! :lol:

My wife used to date me back in High school when I had a silver 88 or 89 model, it was so bad it leaked water on the floor when it rained I would keep my mom's large spagatti pot in the back seat for rain days.... the floors would fill up with water, so I tolder her to put her feat in the pot to keep them dry..... till we could go to the car wash and vacume them out. When the driver brought the car to the house tonight, i ask her if she wanted to take a ride in it for "old times sake" she smerked, and went back in the house... I guess this one is no more impresive them my last one to her?? :?:
                            The guy that was unloading the car was under it un-hooking the staps and made note of the VERY small exaust pipe... he said " you could stop that up with a gum ball" Very true! My old one lacked a good exaust system, so I never saw a stock setup... wow itls like water pipe

Comment

very nice score 8)
                              89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                              RIP 90LX

Comment

Working...
                              X