No announcement yet.

OLD LADYS CAR -- Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In california you dont have to show insurance to get a car transfered or regestered, thats how come the state is full of uninsured illegals driving around.

Time to warm up the sawz all !!

P.S. The shipping compaines are used to moving vettes and vipers, I bet they couldnt understand some one moving a Festiva across country !!
    money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

She does look good!!

Comment

Originally posted by NovaSS
        In california you dont have to show insurance to get a car transfered or regestered, thats how come the state is full of uninsured illegals driving around.

Time to warm up the sawz all !!

P.S. The shipping compaines are used to moving vettes and vipers, I bet they couldnt understand some one moving a Festiva across country !!
        That weird i made an appoinment on friday to go transfer of name and register on mine...and they said bring proof of insurance
        ---------------------------------------------------
        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
        ---------------------------------------------------
        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

That festy is really nice. I agree with some others here. DON'T CUT! Get a junkyard car for hacking and making a shogun. That thing could be a money saving no-brainer workhorse FOREVER!
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

your welcome for the help, brian (urtoast). yes ill bet it is quiet. the 88' i bought is also very quiet and tight. no squeaks or rattles.

yes it is a nice car as is, no doubt. but he was looking for a rust free prime condition festiva for his project, and im sure it will be great when finished.
            good luck with it. keep us posted.

lucky me, i get his engine for my aqua car, and it has a/c.
            "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

CUT IT CUT IT CUT IT !!!

My Festiva was in pretty good shape, some minor rust in a frame rail and I had to fix the radiator support and some other minor stuff BEFORE I could even start on the project, time wasted !!!

P.S. Ill let me know when you yank the engine, Ill come desposes of it for ya.
              money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Originally posted by carbonvmax
                That festy is really nice. I agree with some others here. DON'T CUT! Get a junkyard car for hacking and making a shogun. That thing could be a money saving no-brainer workhorse FOREVER!
                The only thing is, it's very hard where I'm from to find a good clean Festiva, the price I paid for this unit was about the same as I would have paid for a local unit with well over 100K on it, Just the parts search alone for good looking tail lights, bumpers, moldings, exc would have been extensive, so all in all I think I will be saving money by using this one.... That and all you guys can gain some good take off parts! It's a win win...
                If I use this car, the Shogun will be the closest thing I can get to one of the origionals, so........... warm up the plasma cutter! Because it's on! :shock:

NovaSS I gave the engine to Todd00 for his help finding it.... sorry!
                93 Mustang LX Coupe 54K 347 S-Trim 515 RWHP **Stock apearence**

92 Ford Ranger XLT 331-T-Trim, TKO 3550 13"Wilwoods, 17" Cobra's, B-II Sway Bar Mod, Explorer front bar.

91 Ford Festiva GL 30K orgional - soon to be cut to pieces!

Comment

So do you have the SHOgun flares and stuff already? Pics?
                  Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

You want to sell the rear hatch cover and/or the factory stereo to me ?
                    sigpic
                    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by URTOAST
                      Originally posted by carbonvmax
                      The only thing is, it's very hard where I'm from to find a good clean Festiva, the price I paid for this unit was about the same as I would have paid for a local unit with well over 100K on it, Just the parts search alone for good looking tail lights, bumpers, moldings, exc would have been extensive, so all in all I think I will be saving money by using this one.... That and all you guys can gain some good take off parts! It's a win win...
                      If I use this car, the Shogun will be the closest thing I can get to one of the origionals, so........... warm up the plasma cutter! Because it's on! :shock:

NovaSS I gave the engine to Todd00 for his help finding it.... sorry!
                      No problem, he earned it !!
                      money pit

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva
                        You want to sell the rear hatch cover and/or the factory stereo to me ?
                        I have recieved several PM's pertaining to parts... if your interested in something just drop me a note in my PM's and I will offer them as a first come first serve system... so far I think the wheels, engine, maybe the seats have all been inquired about... I will just check the PM's by date and figure out who first inquired, and go from there.... ( I think this is fare??) I dont want this post to turn into a clasified add... Maybe in a few weeks as I start pulling parts off I will make a list and put it in the clasified section.

PS

I might pimp the factory radio... it's kinda cool! I'm not much into audio equipment, so I have factory radio's in My Ranger, and Mustang.. Might as well stick with it for now.

Thanks

Brian

92 Ford Ranger XLT 331-T-Trim, TKO 3550 13"Wilwoods, 17" Cobra's, B-II Sway Bar Mod, Explorer front bar.

Comment

PM sent, thanks
                          sigpic
                          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy
                            So do you have the SHOgun flares and stuff already? Pics?
                            Yea in that big old box in the last picture....

I thought this was funny!! Talk about origional look at the sticker on the rear hatch!

Comment

^^^^^ :lol: somthing tells me that the bumpers won't pass the 70mph test

Nice car....that's the type of car all canadian's dream of.....
                              Previous owner of 8 festivas... looking for number 9

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper
                                Nice car....that's the type of car all canadian's dream of.....
                                that's for sure!!!!!

glad to see you finally got a car that you wanted, it's kinda cool knowing 2 SHOguns are being/going to be built

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                                X