Proud owner of B6T and G25! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proud owner of B6T and G25! :)

Picked up an engine and tranny this evening... It's a B6T with the G25 still mated up to it... Got it mainly for the tranny itself and it was at a price I couldn't pass up... I get there and realize that the engine is still COMPELTE! The turbo and manifold still bolted on, everything is there! The guy also tossed in the ECU and BOV and the half-shaft for the tranny... I'll need to get a new set of axles (he couldn't find the ones that were in the engine), but that's the smallest of the problems.

So now I have to sit back and think about what I should do... Can I mate the turbo/manifold on this with my BP? Or... Should I sell the engine? Part it out?

I'll get some pics tomorrow... I had one heck of a time getting it home... Imagine the back of the Festiva rubbing on EVERY bump! It was horrible, I had to do a ghetto-mod which included taking a pliers to my rear fender so that it didn't rub the entire way home.
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Score!
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Re: Proud owner of B6T and G25!

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy
      Can I mate the turbo/manifold on this with my BP?

Nope. The BP is a longer engine.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
      BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
      BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
      New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

Bah! Guess the engine will just go up for sale or parts.
        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

or you can donate it to me =) lol
          2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
          1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
          1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
          http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

That's sounds like a long trip home :shock: How heavy is that all together? I feel the money burning a hole in my pocket after you mention selling the B6T. I might have to make a trip from NY soon
            4-spd 1989 Festiva - carburated baby!

Comment

It was a VERY long trip home, haha... About 2 hours turned into 3.5! To top it off, the turnpike was closed because of a fatal accident.

And it'll be up for sale at some point. I don't have any plans to remove the BP from mine... I guess I could always build a B6T Festiva, heh! My uncle has a spare body in the back yard after he blew his engine. I could take that and swap it in... But, I'd rather just get some money back out of it so I can afford the axles I'll need to find.

Going home here shortly to pickup an engine hoist from my friends house and then I'll snap pics.
              Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Got it out today with minimal problems... Got my friends engine hoist and it came right out... Sat it on the ground and realized that I got one amazing deal! Wow!

The alternator is missing, but everything else seems to be in tact. Pics once I get back to Amber's where my laptop is...
                Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Did you get it from jon? It sounds like it. I was gonna pick it up but he gave me about 3 different stories about it. So I passed it up:/. I always seem to pass up good deals and jump on crap.

On the other hand you should put the motor and tranny in the bp car. Ill take the bp off of you.
                  91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
                  00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
                  88 gtx
                  74 torino- enduro car.

Comment

Yes - I picked it up from Jon... He was a pretty cool guy. PM me about the stories? I'd like to hear them. I know that as soon as I had his contact info, I offered for just the tranny and axles. He declined because he wanted to give it all at once. But... for what I paid for it, WELL worthwhile, even if the engine DOESN'T run, the parts are worth 3x what I paid.

Specs - he said the engine was pulled from a running 323 GT. He bought the car with plans to build a "nice car", whn his neighbors called the cops on him because it was unregistered and uninspected. He pulled everything he could, including the engine and ditched the car. He said it had 130~k on the clock and that it was running when he purchased it and pulled the engine.

Here's the pics:

The setup sitting on the nice rug he tossed in for me too, hah!

Pretty complete everywhere. Definatly will need cleaned up before anyone does something with it though... I borrowed my friends engine hoist and engine stand, so maybe I'll take a crack at it before selling it.

G25! w00t!

Complete manifold, turbo and downpipe all there

Back has some oil. He said it was all VC leaking... I'm not to sure, but I'm not worried about the engine much.

And all the extras... The half shaft, ECU, BOV (or reculitory valve or whatever), engine mount, etc...

The car "mod" that got me home without rubbing the entire way... I'm sorry baby!

Another shot to give a profile shot of it...

And dude... No way! I like being N/A for right now... Had the manifold and turbo bolted up? I may have pondered the idea of putting out a little bit of boost with it... I probably still could, but... We'll see.
                    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Thats too bad you had to hack up the quarter panel. But nice buy on the engine, wheres the intercooler?
                      Brian
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                      :fish:

Comment

Eh, the quarter panel was already messed up from the PO or DJ... They had the fenders rolled in and did a crappy job on this side which made bumps and crap... So it needed work anyways!

But yea, stilla good buy. And the I/C wasn't included I guess. Not a huge deal since most people will want to upgrade anyways.
                        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
                        X