Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It weighs like 315lbs

Here's my friend next to the hoist.
    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Is that just the engine?
      1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
      1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
      1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
      1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
      1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
      1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
      1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

At 300 and change I would thinks it engine and tranny!

Muscle_Carl,
        Can you confirm weight is for engine/tranny combo?
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Is it still full of oil, and tranny fluid? that is another 10-15lbs :-)

Comment

LOL, I wish I read this thread a month ago. I had them separated and could have weighed each on the bathroom scale (Max 300 lbs scale, not the sort block and trany together). With the come-along attached to the gluelam I pulled out the shortblock and trany together. The Festiva was on wheel dollies, I rolled it out from under and moved my pickup truck tailgate in to accept the load.

MY GUESS:

Then I separated the trany and carried it over to my work bench. I guess the trany and the right axle (that would not come out) weighed about 60 to 70 lbs.

I rolled the short block around the tailgate to clean it. Then took it to a machine shop, easy for the 2 of us to pick it up and place on a cart. I guess it weighs 200 lbs at the very most. :lol: :lol: (note the fluids were drained, and head was already off)

Comment

My festiva weighs 1650, with half a tank of gas and no passenger seat. My interior is mostly stripped, but I still have my bumpers under the covers. I could probably get it down to 1550-1500 with less gas, and major stripping.

I weighed it on scrap scales, so I know it's pretty darned close. This is with aluminum alloys wheels and 185/60-13 tires as shown in my signature.
              Have had 6 Festys... and counting...

My Website:
              http://www.StanfordMotorSports.com

Car Domain:
              http://www.cardomain.com/id/Quaddawg
              My Garage Page:
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/vb...o=view&id=6724

Comment

still got oil. Thats engine & trans w/ all things still attached.
                It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Short blocks with oil pan, crank, pistons & flywheel don't weigh very much. I dropped off my old block and a 30-40lb truck driveshaft at a metal recycler. Weight of both was 120lbs.
                  ~Austin
                  Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

My racecar weighs 1754 with me in it, almost out of fuel. I'm about 200 in my gear. So the car is down to about 1550. EFI 5 speed.

That's full sheet metal (exterior), no interior save for the dash (mostly gutted early one). Custom aluminum bumper beams weigh 4 pounds a piece (around 20 stock). Roll cage is close to 100 pounds. Steel can fuel cell, about the same as the stock tank.

Comment

Originally posted by tderonne View Post
                      My racecar weighs 1754 with me in it, almost out of fuel. I'm about 200 in my gear. So the car is down to about 1550. EFI 5 speed.

That's full sheet metal (exterior), no interior save for the dash (mostly gutted early one). Custom aluminum bumper beams weigh 4 pounds a piece (around 20 stock). Roll cage is close to 100 pounds. Steel can fuel cell, about the same as the stock tank.

Was the 1754 number with glass? And when you say "mostly gutted dash", do you mean everything besides the crash bar? Or that as well. I'm building a daily driver/time attack car and am looking for ~1850 or less with me in it. Putting b6d and f series trans(combined ~55-75 ibs heavier than a b3) I'm about 200ibs and am using lexan for back three windows, gutting and cutting everything not structural chassis and keeping the car air tight. No rollcage so I need the crash support in the dash. Thinking of removing back bumper, won't dare remove front. I'll just treat it like
                      A two seater hatchback sports car lol. I've been scrounging the forum lookin for weight info. You're the first real race weight number I've gotten and sounds right considering the stock weight of the car. Mines a white 88
                      Named snoopy. I appreciate any help you throw my way about weight reduction and such
                      Last edited by James9714; 11-13-2017, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X