No announcement yet.

Canadian street racing laws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont think it is right to classify it as a felony. just the act of street racing. if a person tries to run down a person with his car. yes thats how the law was intended to be used. but to treat street racing no matter where or when as a felony is ridiculous. what made them change the statute on this offense??

this made me think of the cop chasing a speeder doing a minor amount over the limit on the interstate. have you ever seen how these guys drive just trying to catch a speeder. yes its different than street racing i know, but one could argue there is still a clear danger to other motorists with use of extreme speed for simple traffic violations.

i still say there are other ways to curb racing than crushing their personal property. just maybe not catch as many headlines as the mighty crusher, and a teared up teen.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

I tend to agree with you, but short of that....they know it is illegal and they know the price....they should take it to the track if they want to race
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Working...
      X