Batstiva Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batstiva Update

Okay, because I caught so much grief for even thinking of selling off the Batstiva, thought I'd post an update on her progress.

Thanks to carbonvmax, I'll be heading to Roanoke to pick up an engine this weekend. Should be dropping her in by the end of next week.

Pretty much the entire interior of the car (except for driver's seat) is in the back of my van right now. Had to get everything out cause she's going to the body shop tomorrow to get the rust problem underneath fixed. When she gets back from that, I should have a new gas tank waiting on her. Then it's drop the engine in, change the tires that were bad two years ago, and she should be road ready!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang:

Thanks to all those who helped me see the error of my ways in even thinking of getting rid of her. ops:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

You were just alittle confused, but now your on the right track!
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

You must realize that once you join FFC your car becomes community property That vmax is a pretty good guy :thumbleft: I cant wait to see batstiva rise from the ashes to save Gotham City from evil villains once again
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Okay, the car, and the piece of floor in need of replacing are at the body shop ( I know my limitations). Should be done in a day or two. Once undercoating was removed, rust not nearly as bad as first suspected. Quite a bit of surface, but not so much rust thru. :thumbleft: :thumbright:

While I had the carpet out, figured what the hey, go ahead and give it a good scrubbing. Have never shampooed the carpet before, and can't really even tell you when the last time it was vaccumed. ops:
        And I gotta say, that oxyclean really surprised me. Ain't braggin' or nothin', but not even sure the carpet was that clean when she rolled off the assembly line. :lol:

Other than that, kinda in a holding pattern til Saturday. And being the patient :roll: person that I am, it cannot get here quickly enough.

Comment

Alright batstiva. I'm looking forward to meeting you!! And looking forward to that thing getting on the road!!
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Same here!

Do you think you'll make the Festival?

If not, there's always OS VI this fall.

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

FF07 is kinda out. I misread the calender and I'll be working that weekend. ops: Definitely thinkin' about OS, depending on the dates.

Comment

Okay, so what's happened since the last update, you are probably wondering.

Let's see, took a little road trip to Roanoke yesterday. Kinda misjudged the time it would take, so got down there an hour earlier than I needed to. Thought I was gonna miss Carbon, due to scheduling issues, but did actually get to meet him. Think he is the first person on here that I have met in person. Had a nice, tho short visit outside of a Liberty gas station. He had someplace to be around two, and I was trying to get back up here and pick the car up from the body shop. Also got to meet Rick, who is on here, but I don't remember what his ID is ops: . These are both great guys, and thanks to both for making this happen. :thumbright:
                While I was waiting around cause I stupidly showed up way too early, went into town to Northern Supply to snag some rope in case I needed to tie down my trunk lid, and had a rather scary moment. A lady in an Tahoe pulled up and parked, and her daughter (5, maybe 6) hopped out and took off across the parking lot about the same time a lady in a Jetta, talking on her cell phone came around the corner. All I could do was cringe and wait for the thud.. Thankfully there was none.

So, loaded up the engine and gas tank, both of which fit in the trunk of my 90 Legacy (kinda scary when you think about it), and up the road I went. Pretty cool, after I got off the interstate, and started up the back way to my house, not sure if they were going to a show, or having a classic car cruise, but I was treated to about 15 miles of classic cars headed the other way. Man, you name it, muscle cars, old Vettes, late 40s-mid 50s trucks, 30s and 40s street rods. It was awesome. :headbang: :headbang:

Unfortunately, got home too late to pick the car up from the body shop, but did go over there and swap gas tanks. Carbon, don't know yet if the sending unit in that tank works, cause both the old and new tanks are on empty. :roll: Will know soon enough. Guess I could have taken the car anyway and paid the guy tomorrow, but couldn't get ahold of him last night to let him know I was gonna do that.

Going tomorrow evening to pick up the car and take it to my neighbor's house (he has a garage, with lift, tools, etc. and I don't). So, should be starting to pull the old engine tomorrow. Going out today, on the new engine and swap some parts (water pump, timing belt, thremostat, etc)

So, with any luck at all, the Batstiva should be back to road ready by the end of the week. :wav:

Comment

SWEET !! Good luck !!

Sounds like it was a nice little road trip
                  ------------------------------------------------
                  The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                  Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                  HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                  Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                  Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                  Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                  Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                  90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                  It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

You will be back to fighting crime to no time.
                    sigpic
                    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Holy gas milage, Batman! I'm glad we all whined enough to set you straight. Glad you're well on your way to having the Batstiva up and running.
                      Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
                      Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
                      White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
                      White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
                      Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
                      Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
                      Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
                      White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Awesome batstiva! Great to meet you. Glad you had safe travels. I look forward to hearing about it back on the road. Good luck with everything.
                        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Very glad to hear it!!! i remember back when you mentioned getting rid of her.... guess we beat some sense into you!!!
                          ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                          91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                          1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                          2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

^^Tough Love, I guess :roll:

Comment

She's RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hello1: :headbang: :headbang: More later.

Comment

Working...
                              X