Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys with MSD Blaster please help

Hey guys,

I picked up a blaster coil for my B6 car, and needed some advice on installation. What did you guys do with your coil bracket and the wiring once you installed the blaster? Did you guys just clip the plug off the end of the wiring harness and add a ring connector on each wire and put one on each stud on top of the coil? If you guys have pictures of your coil set up, I would appreciate seeing them.

Thanks
    90 Festiva with Brand new B3, 5spd
    92 B6 Festiva, 5spd
    94 Mustang DSS 331, Vortec S-Trim, 5 spd
    94 Mustang GT, stock, automatic

same here, I have a blaster and would also love to do it to my b6t swapped festy but don't know how to do it correctly either.

Comment

I think this is a common enough upgrade for members with modified and stock festivas, to have it as a write up with pictures. Just a thought though. Anyone willing to contribute?
      92 B6 Festiva, 5spd

Comment

Re: Guys with MSD Blaster please help

Originally posted by wrestler3025
        Did you guys just clip the plug off the end of the wiring harness and add a ring connector on each wire and put one on each stud on top of the coil?
        This is exactly what I did on my lifted 4x4 Subaru wagon.
        See my posting @ Custom Engine & Drivetrain/MSD Coil.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

do you know what wire is what on the festiva as far as positive/negative on the coil, thanks in advance.

Comment

i spliced the oem connector and used ring connectors. I bgelieve the fatter of the two wires is the positive if memmory serves me right
            ---------------------------------------------------
            The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
            ---------------------------------------------------
            BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

I went over to the Subaru site but found nothing.
              92 B6 Festiva, 5spd

Comment

I went over to the Subaru site but found nothing.
                Actually I was referring to this site.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

the msd coil package recomends a resistor but I cant find one and it really doesnt seem necessary seeing as many people have sucessfuly installed coils without any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by DuritzCrows17
                    the msd coil package recomends a resistor but I cant find one and it really doesnt seem necessary seeing as many people have sucessfuly installed coils without any problems.
                    True.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

TominMO, I saw your post in Custom engine but it did not help DuritzCrows17 or I answer our questions. The post you made over there involved coil types and models to purchase or avoid. You pointed to your other post, which I thought you were trying get us to look at the Subaru site. I know guys appreciate your info on coils to avoid, but it doesn't really help with our questions.
                      92 B6 Festiva, 5spd

Comment

Oh yeah...and does ANYONE have pictures of their engine bay with this installed?
                        92 B6 Festiva, 5spd

Comment

TominMO, I saw your post in Custom engine but it did not help DuritzCrows17 or I answer our questions. The post you made over there involved coil types and models to purchase or avoid. You pointed to your other post, which I thought you were trying get us to look at the Subaru site. I know guys appreciate your info on coils to avoid, but it doesn't really help with our questions.
                          Yeah, I just wanted you to know about bad coils in case you have one of the bad ones, or to confirm that you have a good one. As far as your question about how to connect them, I went with ring connectors, like some else mentioned. I can't help you as to which wire goes to pos and which to neg. Someone covered that but he wasn't positive. Buy a Haynes manual if you don't have one already; that should have a wiring diagram that will answer this question. Good luck.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Working...
                          X