Need help with Exhaust Manifold paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wrestler3025
    TominMO on the back of the can it says if you are going to recoat it after one hour you have to wait for 7 days for it to cure. It doesn't say anything about installation.
    You're right about that. I chose to infer that it is a good idea to wait a week for it to cure, especially since I wasn't sticking my midpipe into an oven. It may also be that this paint works better on the midpipe, since it's so far from the engine bay and there's only one pipe radiating the heat, not four.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

The mid pipe is also steel, and NOT cast iron:-) I think that was also part of the problem. I have an extra oven that I can use just for that type of purpose, so it doesn't interfere with the "house" oven, and I don't have to eat contaminated food:-)
      90 Festiva with Brand new B3, 5spd
      92 B6 Festiva, 5spd
      94 Mustang DSS 331, Vortec S-Trim, 5 spd
      94 Mustang GT, stock, automatic

Comment

Working...
      X