alternator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's an '89 LX automatic.
    One nigh ton my way hope I noticed the lights dimming a little especially when I would try to go over 40. The next morning I went to start it and it only have me a click, click, click. The headlights and the radio would still turn on just fine though.
    So we gave he a nice slow charge. And she started right up and drove her around for a little bit. Then the next morning same thing click click click. The headlights and the radio still turned on. So we gave her a nice long slow charge and I took her up to Autozone and had the Alternator and the battery tested.
    They said everything looked fine.
    Then the next day she's dead again.

My friend is trying to convince me that it is just the battery. But I don't believe that. I think that it is something else as the battery is only two years old (dated 06/09).

Also... now that I think of it I did notice a hot rubber smell coming from the vents. Maybe a belt?

On a side note... I spun out on some ice and hit a railing with it about 3 weeks ago. So something odd could have shaken loose.

what do you think.

I'm a beginner with the car thing. This is my first car in three years actually but I really love getting under the hood and figuring out how the whole thing works.

I will try testing it with the method listed on the other thread for sure.

Thanks for all your help!

Comment

Alternator/Water Pump belt...

Hope you didn't overheat it if it is the A/WP belt.
      -Zack
      Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Working...
      X