No announcement yet.

OK reely bad gas milage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im in Upstate NY rochester to be exact, i bought the car cause i thought it was going to be great on gas, it hasnt been its been a good little car no problems at al other than the lack of heat, runs beautiful, starts up everytime perfect great in the snow just not good on gas for me looking like a clown driving this thing its not worth it from 6.2 gallons to puttering near empty 100 miles thats about 16mpg city thats horriable my 93 stright 6 f150 gets 23mpg so as soon as i get the title back from dmv should be in a week or two shes up for sale ill post her here first before the local paper i know someone here will at least care about the car its a nice car just ugly yellow and bad on gas well for me anyways
    1989 MUSTANG LX - Drag Car 9.26 @ 137mph all motor!
    1991 MUSTANG LX - Street Car 10.67 @ 125mph on the bottle!
    1995 Lincoln MarkIII 97 cobra motor daily driver
    1989 Festiva L - GAS HOG!!!

Comment

ooh, if its yellow, its probably a 1990, correct?
      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

no 1989 festiva L Fuel injected automatic no options at all just a factory radio/tape player and rear defrost

Comment

What price do you want for it?
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

paid 575.00 for it 2 weeks ago when i get the title back from dmv first 500.00 takes her away

Comment

Beter check that gas mileage again....lol the only straight six F-150 getting 23mph is getting towed especialy if you drive it as hard as you say you do and definately not city driving
              96 Ford F-150 XLT
              93 Festiva L (Modified)
              92 Festiva L
              68 Mustang GT 428cj

Comment

Hmm upstate NY, I am in Ithaca NY with a yellow 1989 automatic with no options as well :-) Are you selling my car haha. I wish I need a third one but my other two are doing GREAT!, other than the darn bearings. Good luck on the sale, if you put some money into it you may fix the gas problem. Or the real problem is your getting to much flak from people you know because your driving a clown car. haha

Comment

Different tire size changes your recorded miles, but your car is still way off. Does you car rapidly decelerate when gas is not applied in 5th gear?

If your O2 sensor is old I would just go ahead and replace it. You might also want to try the MAP sensor. If I were you I'd hook up a air:fuel meter and check and see what you have,

Kevin

Comment

Its an automatic if I remember correctly,and he seems to have some misconceptions of gas mileage on both ends of the spectrum
                    96 Ford F-150 XLT
                    93 Festiva L (Modified)
                    92 Festiva L
                    68 Mustang GT 428cj

Comment

its auto and only a 3 speed i dont think anything is wrong with the engine it runs beautiful and smooth no check engine light , starts right up and has a perfect idle. as far as my f-150 goes it is actually getting better gas mileage then the festiva, 6 gallons in the festiva =80 miles thats about 13mpg now ive stoped driving it cause i cant afford the little clown car, next week im putting the lincoln back on the road she gets a consistant 25-27mpg with a dohc 4.6 300hp v8 if anyone wants this car come get it ill post it here first when the title comes let you guys who love the cars have at it first, then it goes in the local paper but wont be for a few weeks till title comes in, maybe its me maybe its the car but i dont think we belong togather, ive had the car only a few weeks and put a new heater core in, new snow tires, new thermostat, aftermarket dash heater, fuel filter, plugs, wires, cap,rotor, everything 2 much money for a 500 dollar winter beater

Comment

Working...
                      X