looking for an ac compressor....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for an ac compressor....

I have a 93 1.3 festiva, need a new or refurb ac compressor. I cant seem to find one with the correct pulley. anyone know where to find one or ant advice?

You might try posting a request in the buy-and-sell forum on this site.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

If your Festiva has Factor Air, the compressor should look like this with a single groove pulley.. http://www.techchoiceparts.com/inven...-ac-compressor

However, you can remove the 4 groove pulley from and replace it with a single groove pulley (and vise versa).

Comment

Thanks for the like!!

Comment

Link

Comment

In case this helps I have had to swap pulleys on some VW compressors the puller was easy to make a piece of plate about 4x4 inches drilled 1 center hole and welded a nut to it drilled three holes to run screws into the clutch/pulley put it nut side in and cranked in a bolt. If you don't have a vacuum pump you can build one with compressor from a junk refridgerator.Heck I haven't looked at them real hard but I would think that plenty of mazda and ford compressors would be a swap. I'll see what I can find out.
            Last edited by ricko1966; 02-27-2019, 05:41 PM.
            30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Thank you for your knowledge. I have been wrenching since I was 8 and I'm a heavy equipment mechanic. Still don't know everything!! Lol Fortunately I've got an arsenal of tools and metal I can stick weld or mig. About to make an adapter for the air vane for a k&n cone and bend some pipe! I'll have to upload pics

Comment

The ac compressor of my 02 festiva is ok but I know Hex Auto Parts has high performance ac compressor for sale.
                In July last year,I bought an a/c compressor with ac clutch for my father's 2009 Ford Fusion 3.0L.
                He said it's pre-oiled and he didn't need to add oil.
                It can produce cold air in hot summer days after installed.
                He is happy,I am happy too.
                I am very satisfied with this shopping experience.

Comment

For my 1989 manual with factory AC, I bought a remanufactured Nippondenso 10P13A compressor for $195. This is the one with a single groove pulley, like the techchoice one 1990new links to. I also spent $11 for an AC drive belt from Advance Auto: Carquest 17360 36”.

It worked great all last summer and I have high hopes for this summer.

I think some years of Festivas came with either single or multiple groove, so check yours. I didn't and bought a multiple-groove one first by mistake. It was even cheaper at $88 so hopefully that's what you need. It's part number 77581. Or you could do as 1990new suggests and try to put your old single groove pulley onto it; I didn't think of that.
                  --
                  Phila Festiva: '89 L+ 5-speed, closing in on 300K
                  Seattle Festiva: '88 L 4-speed, closing in on 200K

Comment

it's very easy to swap out the pulleys, so don't be afraid, it's not a hard job at all. good luck. if you need help give us a hollar.
                    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Working...
                    X