No announcement yet.

91 Festiva no spark or fuel pump run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine turns over fine - compression good, timing good, injection pulse good

My plug tester is old school from the 80's - yes, it clips between the plug and wire (no - the bulb is not burned out in it - lol)

Comment

Finally found a local parts store that could test my brand new 1A auto ignition module - and it tests out bad!!! (should have known better than to trust an online parts store that won't even let you return a electronic part after it's been installed) (Can't even find where I went with the old module - which I was guessing was bad)

soo... I spent my afternoon going around to all of the local u-pull salvage yards and not finding a single module - so I ordered a brand new one from my local parts store man who will have it here by 8am tomorrow morning

Comment

Fingers crossed
        Last edited by WmWatt; 08-16-2019, 07:25 AM.
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Put the new ignition module in and the motor didn't even make 1 full revolution before it was running. The redrover rides again!!!

Seriously though... lessen learned - don't ever buy cheap ignition parts online and actually expect them to work

Comment

Just finished this thread and my heart heaved with a sigh of relief

Glad it's running again! I kept diagnosing in my head and wanted to mention the rotor inside the distributor might have broken, but hey.. cheap parts can be a blessing or a curse.

Glad it's figured out there
            -Zack
            Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Red: The ignition control module is heat sensitive. The factory installation included bedding in dielectric heat transfer paste. When mine was replaced by a mechanic he didn't use paste to draw away the heat and the module didn't last long. I got a replacement under warranty and installed it myself, bedding in the heat transfer paste I got from an electronics shop for $1 in a little capsule. It's used to bed CPU's in computers to help draw off the heat. I haven't had to replace the module since
              Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
              X