solving fuel sock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solving fuel sock

The title should say "Dissolving fuel sock" I pulled out my electric fuel pump yesterday. I almost cried. The new Denso fuel sock had disintegrated.
    The full tank of non-ethanol gas is now cloudy from the tiny particles from the sock. I have no choice but to pump it out, clean and refill.
    I will install an old fuel sock and test any new sock in a separate container first, before installing it in my fuel tank.
    Has anyone ever ran across a similar problem?

Last edited by bravekozak; 08-13-2019, 05:31 PM.

Curious. Search of the Internet on "Denso fuel sock problems" finds no hits..
    Last edited by WmWatt; 08-14-2019, 10:39 AM.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

I have only taken a few fuel pumps out but have never seen that issue.
      "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
      sigpic
      "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
      "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
      "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
      "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Hmm... That is interesting - never heard of that before - but makes me wonder if that is why I only get about a half tank out of mine...

Comment

reserecting this thread as I recently pulled a 93 out of mothballs. After an Aspire swap, tuneup & new skins on Del Sol 14's .. it runs and drive pretty good.
          One issue Ive yet to solve is a fueling fault. About at .5 tank it starts to stall out. Idles fine but any accelorator inputs it bogs & will not pull. Is that a sign off fuel pump failure? Sock clog? Ive alredy changed the filter.

Comment

Working...
          X