Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theastronaut
    replied
    Why not just use a full size festiva wheel and tire? A 155/80r12 on a Festiva wheel fits easily in the spare tire well. Use an adapter on your 4x100 drum, then you can drive however far and however fast you want to on your spare. I did this when I drove from SC to AZ for Insanity. I had a flat in Texas and swapped on a stock 155/80r12 and kept going at 85 mph all the way to AZ where we fixed my bent wheel that caused the flat.

Leave a comment:

• ricko1966
    replied
    Astronaut, for that matter you made me think,if the 12" trailer wheel fits and clears I can mount a fest tire on the trailer wheel,no adapter needed.

Leave a comment:

• ricko1966
    replied
    I'm just wondering about backspacing,diameter etc. Obviously if I had one I'd just try it,but I'd have to buy one to see if it will work. Just hoping someone had tried before.
    Balance,safety,Etc.. Not to concerned,hopefully it will never get used and if it does, only for a few miles,which will be slow and careful.
    Thanks wm and astronaut I don't mean not concerned about safety in,general, but,don't see an issue slow and careful or never used at all.,Why is everything underlined?

Leave a comment:

• theastronaut
    replied
    Use a 4x100 to 4x114.3 adapter and a Festiva spare. Trailer tires are not safe to use on car.

Leave a comment:

• WmWatt
    replied
    I would suspect tires have to pass standards for safety although it's unlikely you would be stopped for inspection in a Festiva. Looking up trailer wheels on the Internet suggests you should check for load bearing which is printed on the wall of the tire. One brand is guaranteed for a year. They say unequal size and pressure leads to uneven wear on trailers. They don't mention Festivas or other motor vehicles.Perhaps unequal weight of the wheel itself could throw the vehicle out of balance. I've read it's important to have good tires on the back for balance.

Leave a comment:

• ricko1966
    started a topic Trailer wheel as a spare?

Trailer wheel as a spare?

My rio/aspire swapped car needs a spare. A 175/70/13 doesn't fit the spare tire well. Has anyone run a trailer wheel and tire on the back of their festy.This is just for use like a space saver spare,temporary use if I have a flat. Can anyone think of a 4x100 12 inch wheel/tire I can use as a spare?
Working...
X