Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dkdeford View Post
    Hi All,
    Can I hitch a ride in this topic? My son is dealing with similar fuel issues with his 1989 Festiva EFI. He is several states away so I'm trying to help remotely.
    First question: how important is the flow direction in the fuel filter for these cars? He recently (three weeks ago?) replaced the fuel filter, and the problems have gotten worse since then. Now it won't start at all. He thinks he may have reversed the hoses on the Inlet/Outlet marked on the new filter. Easy fix if that's a big deal. Is it?
    From my understanding if you run a fuel filter in reverse it will still filter but it will plug a lot faster, be sure to get a new filter and not to just re-install the fuel filter
    in the correct direction if it is re-installed the injectors will get a burst of gas tank filth. also when looking at the fuel pump be sure to check the seal the pump out tube
    goes into. you may have 2 the one the tip of the pump gets pushed into from the bracket gets hard and stops sealing so some people will use a O-ring to seal the out tube.
    The O-ring scenario will last for a few week/months or just take a guess. I use Buna hose the full length of the pump out nipple.

Comment

From my understanding if you run a fuel filter in reverse it will still filter but it will plug a lot faster, be sure to get a new filter and not to just re-install the fuel filter
      in the correct direction if it is re-installed the injectors will get a burst of gas tank filth. also when looking at the fuel pump be sure to check the seal the pump out tube
      goes into. you may have 2 the one the tip of the pump gets pushed into from the bracket gets hard and stops sealing so some people will use a O-ring to seal the out tube.
      The O-ring scenario will last for a few week/months or just take a guess. I use Buna hose the full length of the pump out nipple.

Comment

Originally posted by dkdeford View Post
        Hi All,
        Can I hitch a ride in this topic? My son is dealing with similar fuel issues with his 1989 Festiva EFI. He is several states away so I'm trying to help remotely.
        First question: how important is the flow direction in the fuel filter for these cars? He recently (three weeks ago?) replaced the fuel filter, and the problems have gotten worse since then. Now it won't start at all. He thinks he may have reversed the hoses on the Inlet/Outlet marked on the new filter. Easy fix if that's a big deal. Is it?

Comment

post copy deleted

Comment

Sorry for the multi post I kept getting a red word screen telling me there was an error and to wait 30 seconds to try again.

Comment

i had to replace a pump last winter. luckily rock A still listed a Denso pump which was the OEM supplier originally. yes it was the most costly option but fit the bracket and connections exactly.

Comment

Working...
              X