88 festiva engine light.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 festiva engine light.....

I know to read the engine light codes on my 93 festiva I had to ground the black pin .BUT I don't have that pin on my 88 carb.festiva. Just the clear/white pin and the 6 pin are there, no black pin to plug into and ground????? How do I read and diagnose the engine light on my 88 festiva?? Thanks, Jim

My East coast Festy, a 1993 (obviously FI'd) is acting like it has a wacko carb here in Pittsburgh. The RPM spontaneously jumps about 500rpm (no tach to measure) for a few minutes, then spontaneously returns to normal. Periodically, the orange engine check light illuminates for about 3 seconds while in motion. I don't feel

Look at #10 in above thread. This site is a great archive. The search box is your friend, faster than waiting for someone to post a reply.
    Hope that helps fix the problem.

PS Came up in search on "codes"
    Last edited by WmWatt; 10-29-2023, 08:58 AM.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Thanks WmWatt, so i guess I'll try and ground the white pin and see what happens. I thought that was the Tac pin.

Comment

"Ground the STI terminal and watch the light on the dash as is flashes the stored trouble codes." - Haynes manual page 6-6. I just went out to the car and brought in the Haynes manual to check for you. The manual lives in the car in the garage. The search box on this site is indeed faster but I thought I would check to releive any doubt. The STI terimnal is the one-pin near the power brake booster. There is a photo in the manual on page 6-5. Have fun with the flashing light. Who says Festivas are dull?
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Okay, I am getting 7 long flashes but there is not a code for that???? lol figures.

Comment

Working...
          X