No announcement yet.

Question about idle issue(s) on 88 L 4-spd. carb. model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I think I figured out what I did. I broke the plastic spacer that sits between the carb and the intake (with two gaskets on either side of that)

Pics:

Does anyone have this part they can sell me?
    Because....45 MPG.

Comment

Your profile doesn't say where you are, BTW, that can be very helpful. Others near you may be able to help, but not if they don't know they are near you.....

I wish I had it so I could help, I would post in WTB section, but be sure to read the sticky with the rules first, that section is a lil strict, for good reason.......
      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

If it has wires and a metal core it's a sensor of some kind. But i never had to go that deep into the 89 yet. And have no idea what it would do.
        Is that someone there ??? 1981 VW diesel pickup---1988.5 Suzuki Samurai tin top---1993 Festiva---1974 Bricklin SV-1 ( very thirsty basket case)---2003 Tracker(bells and whistles)

)

Comment

I see you found out what it's called. What does a PCT heater do? What does PCT stand for?
          Is that someone there ??? 1981 VW diesel pickup---1988.5 Suzuki Samurai tin top---1993 Festiva---1974 Bricklin SV-1 ( very thirsty basket case)---2003 Tracker(bells and whistles)

)

Comment

PTC = Positive Tempurature Coefficient

also called an EFE Heater
            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Working...
            X