brake reservoir question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake reservoir question.

What tool or tools have you used to reinstall the brake reservoir on a new master cylinder? Destroyed one on the first attempt at 22 degrees. Lubed it up good and it started in ok but trying to get it fully seated is what did it in. Is there a trick for doing this? Thanks
    Is that someone there ??? 1981 VW diesel pickup---1988.5 Suzuki Samurai tin top---1993 Festiva---1974 Bricklin SV-1 ( very thirsty basket case)---2003 Tracker(bells and whistles)

)

I would try to do it where it is warm .

Cold weather like that does not work well with seals giving , when putting them together .

The lube should help , just bring it inside and let it warm up first .
    ------------------------------------------------
    The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
    Smart Passion white with H-D interior
    HD2500 Duramax Chevy
    Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
    Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
    Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
    Z28 LS1 power 500 +
    90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
    It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

^^ x2 , just don't try to speed up the process!
      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

make sure to use brake fluid as the lube....plenty of it...and nothing else.
        Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
        The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Well i got another reservoir and had everything warm and lubed with brake fluid. It was still a no go.
          It would enter the seals but it would not pop fully down into place. So i put it aside untill the summer heat arrives. Got on the phone and called the local yards and found a used factory one for ten bucks. Pulled it off,checked it for leaks,pumped it with a screw driver and it shot out about two feet. Bench bled it,put it on and i'm back in biz! The new one i got from Auto Zone is a different style casting. And i,m thinking it might be for something else. At fourty bucks with a twenty dollar core i will be inquiring! Thanks guys
          Is that someone there ??? 1981 VW diesel pickup---1988.5 Suzuki Samurai tin top---1993 Festiva---1974 Bricklin SV-1 ( very thirsty basket case)---2003 Tracker(bells and whistles)

)

Comment

They have new ones on Rockauto.com with the reservoir for $57
            1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
            1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
            1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
            1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
            1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
            1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
            1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

Different casing means some punk might opf ordered the wrong one, way 2 go!
              Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
              Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
              "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

at the junkyard one time a saw a wierd looking master cylinder on a festiva like there was two styles

Comment

Working...
                X