No announcement yet.

where is the oil going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just pulled my b3 on saturday, drained 1 qt out of it. No knocks or anything.
    OX SMASH!!

Comment

well i'm gonna check again, but i havn't seen any smoke at all from it...i'm thinking it may be the valve guide seals, and those are pretty cheap so i might pick up a set and change em out just as a precaution. maybe that devil under my hood is drinking all that oil....if so i just hope he doesn't decide to piss it all out someday.
      Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
      1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
      1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
      2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

oil leaks do have a way of looking the same no matter how much oil is coming out. My b3 was leaking 3 qts per week and it didn't look any different than 1. It would drip a little after driving, but nothing extreme.
        OX SMASH!!

Comment

Originally posted by rotinaj13
          *hits darkdan over the head with the auto-rx link LOL sorry I just have a little rage left over... u need to put that in ur sig dan save u from typing it LOL btw u get discounts with them dan?
          I wish I got commission on it.

However, I feel it's an awesome product. One of the few that does what it says. One of the few that EVERYONE needs.

However, there is a coupon code. ARXF1 It's for $3 off. It's posted on their forums so it's not like it's a special discount just for me.
          www.dantheoilman.com
          AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
          Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
          Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

i am gonna try it out here soon

Comment

woo hoo rotinja13 you finally made executive member!
              Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
              1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
              1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
              2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

^^Post Whores^^
                Kevin
                '93 L (BP{T} Sold
                '90 L Plus Sold
                '94 Mercury Capri XR2 sold

Comment

LOL could u tell i was tryin to finally get it LOL yeah i am a post whore. so what do the other whores do during the day? LOL

Comment

I work.

I am willing to bet that I have the wierdest job of anyone on the board...
                    OX SMASH!!

Comment

Oxbrain, that sounds like a new topic for the of topic section... :wink:
                      Kevin
                      '93 L (BP{T} Sold
                      '90 L Plus Sold
                      '94 Mercury Capri XR2 sold

Comment

awww isn't that cute awwww kevin became a jr member LOL

Comment

I have no experience with Auto-RX but for sludge problems the best cure is a flush with 1/2 qt. of dexron ,, just add fluid and allow the engine to idle for 5-10 minutes (no driving!) before changing the oil, repeat if necessary ... I read some of the testimonials ,, the VW turbo one could have been cured in 1 day with ATF and a bore brush to clean out the turbo oil line...

Comment

this will make dan's day I am going to do a piston soak with sea foam for a day then change oil and filter and add new mobil 1 prolly with auto-rx! there u go dan. Now if it works the first thing i say will b a compliment to u, but if it doesn't i am gonna cut ur legs out from under u LOL but u got ur way dan I am going to try it!

Comment

auto-rx works best when used with conventional oil.

Auto-rx is made from organic esters. Esters are polar by nature and thus attracted to the metal (and other things in the oil).

However, PAO synthetics contain different types of esters....which are polar because they're esters. Therefore, the auto-rx esters compete for surface area with the synthetic esters and cleaning takes longer.

Use the cheapest conventional oil you can find with auto-rx. It's only in there for 1500 to 2000 miles so there's no reason to spend more than $6 on oil for the phase.

Besides, it's only 6500 miles on conventional oil so it isn't going to hurt anything. The auto-rx is going to do such great things anyways.

Yes, I am happy.
                              www.dantheoilman.com
                              AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
                              Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
                              Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

so am i and will b back to great things here in about 5 min...

Comment

Working...
                                X