Headlight relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight relay

Can anyone tell me where the headlight relay is located on a '92 Festiva? Neither the shop manual or Haynes are very helpful with this.

I'm assuming the relay is my problem. I have no headlightsat all... no high beam, low beam or daytime running lights. I've checked the main headlight fusible and its OK and all the other lights work as they should. I am going to check the bulbs themselves but I would be very surprised if they completely burnt out at the same time.

Thanks

Ian
    92 GL Sport
    Calgary
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Did you find it yet? Passenger side behind the airbox..

Comment

DJ: isn't there 2 relays??? I think i remember there being 2 relays when I did the wiring on my 88

Comment

88-89 mtx are different then the 90+

They are even entirely different relays.

Comment

so the 90's style has one and the 88 has 2? I can't remember if the 2 relays was b4 or after the swap.. the head injuries are catching up 2 me ;-)

Comment

Headlight problem fixed!

Hello all,

The problem turned out to be a corroded wire in one of the larger plugs behind the driver's side headlight. Soldering in the rain under an umbrella must have looked interesting to the neighbours.

Thanks for all your suggestions and recommendations. On the up side I now know where the headlight relay is It's on the right hand side below the battery and the parking light relay is the one behind the airbox on the left.

Ian
            92 GL Sport
            Calgary
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada
            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Working...
            X