Radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiator

I have a bottle of Fix-a-Leak for my radiator.What do I do? Take the antifreeze out? I called the place but they said one thing and the bottle says another.I'm confused...HELP!
    Thanx,
    N.Y.
    Hello Festiva people!

Comment

Stop Leak is a band-aid type repair and may not work on all radiator leaks, it may last 6 years, 6 months, 6 days, 6 hours or 6 minutes!
      It may get you by until you have the money to replace/repair the radiator.
      Follow the directions on the stop leak if you decide to use it. :wink:

I have not used a stop leak type product in over 15 years, so here is a link to some FAQ's: http://www.barsproducts.com/coolf1.html

I'm not a fan of these type products but some people swear by them. Ultimately it is your choice :wink:
      Kevin
      '93 L (BP{T} Sold
      '90 L Plus Sold
      '94 Mercury Capri XR2 sold

Comment

If it is the joint between tank and core , it might be possible to recrimp the stainless crimp clamp using a pair of water pump pliers , working from before the area to where you think the leak might be to beyond it , If thats where your leak is that might fix it up , worked for me on my rad in a Toyota ?? Can't remember if I went around my whole tank or not ?
        Aspires and Sways all around, Miata B6 installed, KYB G2Rs just installed in front. Wish for coil overs someday.

Comment

leak

one weekend mine started a small leak from the plastic tank top.
          i used epoxy to fix it and it only lasted about 2 weeks. i just went out and bought a new one for about $100.00. i did not want to overheat the engine. my mothers Mazda 323 had a plastic tanks on it also and when i went to replace it advance auto parts had a moldine radiator with the metal tanks and not the plastic so i snapped that one up fast.

Comment

Working...
          X