No announcement yet.

Another problem with my baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could try narrowing down the possibilities by removing the belts and reving the engine. If the noise goes away without the belts then you can assume it is either a belt or something ran by the belt.
    ~Scott

1989 Festiva L EFI

2010 Toyota Prius

Comment

thats the thing, its only when accelerating but not in neutral, only when driving.

it could be the outer crank pulley thingy becuase i didnot put the spacer/gasket bbackon

Comment

If it doesn't do it in neutral and only when driving maybe it is something in the drivetrain then. Maybe something in the trans?? Kind of wierd though it just started after doing the water pump. You would think it would have something to do with that. I', not sure what spacer/gasket you are talking about but if it effects the position of the pulley (how far it sticks out) your belt alignment may be off and could cause belt noise but you should be able to hear it without driving if it is belt noise.
        ~Scott

1989 Festiva L EFI

2010 Toyota Prius

Comment

Yeh, a belt should squeal....Oh dear god, why did deliverance just enter my head?????
          Anyhoo, I suggested earlier, and want to "resuggest", check for loose vacuum lines. You probably should not have removed any, but what if you knocked one loose?
          hmmmmmmm.........Tough one, let me chew on it for a minute....
          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

years ago an a exaughst system use to whistle alot but i forgot what model car it was. it was like every car of that model use to whistle when you aclererated it.

Comment

is it a whistle or wind type sound?

Comment

SORRY to bump but still persists.

its a whisting whenever it revs high in each gear.

When i switch gears, it goes away till it reaches higher rpms before needing to switch.

Like when in 1st it gets louder when i accel but when i switch gears it goes away till i switch gears again.

sounds like its comming out of the carb hole etween the air filter.

Btw problem did not occur when i bought the car. only when my dads friends changed a belt or something.

Comment

try to clean the pullyes then use belt dressing. does your alternator light come on at all?

Comment

the reason i asked the above questions is that i am a stubborn person and when my alternator light came on and battery went down i thougt it was an alternator problem but it was a belt problem all along as someone here said but i was stubborn to listen. someone here said this years ago" check the easyest and cheapest thing first and work your way up.

Comment

video possible?
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065064/1
                      Paulbarrera12.com
                      Festiva Visualizer Project

Comment

Originally posted by collegeboi View Post
                        so the belt spins more when i press the accelerator>
                        Yes, that is normal!
                        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                        '92 Aqua parts Car
                        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                        Your holy ghost will not save you.
                        Your God plutonium will not save you.
                        In fact...
                        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

whistling noise

You might think I"m crazy, but check to make sure the air cleaner lid in on correctly, and the wing nut is tight. Mine did that one time and that was the problem.

Comment

I'm with moparman11, you could make your car whistle by bending the air cleaner lid just the right way so maybe something there is not sealing correctly on the top or bottom of the air cleaner. ...can't wait to see what the problem turns out to be.
                            I'm going to come at you like a spider monkey!
                            White 1993 L plus, 5 speed - 47k miles
                            * Aspire brake swap, 14" Miata wheels & Tein coliover suspension

Comment

Working...
                            X