No announcement yet.

How to get front oil seal out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank y'all, I've got the timing belt/tensioner and the water pump on their way, andwill tackle it as soon as they get in......and i've got extra matches in case it doesn't go well.

Comment

woo hoo all the parts are in. Just in time for me to leave the country for a week (headed to Colorado)
      at least i'll have something to do when i get back.

Secondary questions..how many engine mounts are there? I see 2 kinds, engine and manual trans...but how many of each do i need?

Thanks.
      Byron

Comment

Odie

I did it the way GenevaDirt did it. Be sure to use a sleeve. It will cover the groove. Be sure not to damage the crank.

How often do you get to Memphis?

Call me if you need any help.

David
        901/281/1458

Comment

Originally posted by odiekokee View Post
          woo hoo all the parts are in. Just in time for me to leave the country for a week (headed to Colorado)
          at least i'll have something to do when i get back.

Secondary questions..how many engine mounts are there? I see 2 kinds, engine and manual trans...but how many of each do i need?

Thanks.
          Byron
          i just got done replacing the mounts on my 88 L

1 trans. mount
          RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.

and 2 motor mounts (front and front-right) pick one of each.
          RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.

dont let this scare you "1990 : FORD : FESTIVA L : 1.3L 1295cc L4 MFI (H) : Engine : Motor Mount"

its an exact match/fit for an 88/(or all years maybe? correct me if im wrong)
          Last edited by MTec007; 02-19-2010, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X