I have a problem with carburator in Ford Festiva 1988

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a problem with carburator in Ford Festiva 1988

Sorry for my bad English - i from Russia. I have Ford Festiva 1988. I have a problem in my carburator. Has cleaned it in acetone, but has mixed all black tubes. The scheme of the carburettor can eat at somebody or somebody will give a photo or the scheme of their correct connection. The machine twitches and turn off on single turns.

ok let me recap this to make sure I understand what you are saying. you need a picture of where the vaccum hoses go? you took the carberator off and cleaned it but might have some of the vaccum (black) hoses mixed up? is that right so far? gimme a few minutes and I will post a picture for you.

Comment

Hello!
      You need a picture of where the vaccum hoses go?
      Yes. Picture or a sheme vacuum hoses go.

you took the carberator off and cleaned it but might have some of the vaccum (black) hoses mixed up?
      Yes. I mixed up all black tubes =(

gimme a few minutes and I will post a picture for you.
      Thank you. I really happy

Comment

check ur email. I need an email addy to send you the info. I can't post a file here and it is in a pdf file.

Comment

Originally posted by rotinaj13
          check ur email. I need an email addy to send you the info. I can't post a file here and it is in a pdf file.
          My E-mail: mail-kgd@yandex.ru
          Thank you!!! :wink:

Comment

ok email sent

Comment

Thanks! But i not uderstand in all sheme. Is very strong. Do you have photo or another sheme?

Comment

ummm nope and nope.

Comment

1988 carb/emission control hose connections

I too have messed-up emission control hoses, due to a number of dimwit mechanics I have let mess with my car, and now can't pass the emission control test here in Alaska (like we have big-time smog problems here!). My parts car has some of the hoses removed (and never ran) so I can't rely on it. The Haines repair manual is no help. The decal under the hood is incomprehensible to me. Does anybody have some good photographs or even hand-drawn sketches from a known-correct carb'd (1988-89, I would think they're identical) Festiva. I think mine's an 88. I need to get this fixed soon before winter sets in here since I don't have a shop!
                  88L black, dailydriver
                  88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
                  4 88/89 disassembled
                  91L green
                  91GL aqua pwrsteer
                  92GL red a/c reardmg
                  3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
                  1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

My carb is a mess, i need the diagram please
                    jeancrt@hotmail.com
                    Thanks

Comment

I just bought a 88, 1.3L festiva, a got it in a really good price but I´m having extreme problems, my carb is not the original one and all the solenoids that go in the firewall are missing, it shuts down every time and is HELL to get it started. Came some help me find info on the original carb, the vacuum diagram, and if it is not much to ask a workshop manual I can download...
                      PLEASE HELP!!!!

Comment

88/89 plumbing documentation

I recently purchased about 118 pages of service manual (incl lots of clear diagrams) info for my 88s. It's sections 24 (Fuel System) and 29 (Emission Control System). I'm skimmed it and it seems like the Mother Lode for 88/89 Festiva owners. I'd be willing to make copies and USMail them at my cost (figure $25/copy) to interested people who PM me.
                        88L black, dailydriver
                        88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
                        4 88/89 disassembled
                        91L green
                        91GL aqua pwrsteer
                        92GL red a/c reardmg
                        3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
                        1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Interesting that this topic came up again so recently.

I'm having the same problem.

Know of anywhere that I can get the schematics of where the vacuum lines go?

Thanks a lot.

Comment

If you seach in yahoo for pics of festivas there are some diagrams over there, but check them all because they are almost at the end.

Comment

Hi friends i´m from ecuador. pleace a need a diagram of de carburator... it doesn´t work fine.... my car´s tacometer show a variable rpm when it is power. thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X