Clear All

ok ill give that a try as well and see if that helps at all.. Thanks
    93 GL Auto black 183,000 miles
    93 astro maroon 210,000 miles
    90 dakota 5 spd blue 212,000
    02 acura tl type S blue 121,000
    05 Tahoe Z71 BLK 89,000

Comment

I hate to say it, but you may be where I was. The throttle cable should be totally limp at idle with a specified amount of play in it at idle. The throttle position sensor is not to be used as idle adjustment at all, and the settings may be so far out that it will be difficult to get them back with the engine in the worn condition you say it is. I had to reverse adjust my TPS ( the only adjustment given any spec in the manuals) and tweak it so it finally had the correct reading at the idle/rest position. This was the only way I could finally obtain a steady idle, and no stumble with mine. It would move from one condition to the other until the TPS read correctly, and the butterfly was open at the proper position in the throttle body. I hope you don't have to struggle with yours to get it back to those settings.

Michael
      Have owned 9 so far
      White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
      Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
      Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
      Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
      Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

so i cleaned the throttle body but that didnt seem to be to dirty but the air bypass screw thingy was really caked with crud... And m715 i dont think im where you were and im glad cause that sounds like it would have been kind of a hard task getting those back the way there supposed to be but my festy seems to be running ok for now... honestly all i think it was was the dashpot needed to be ajusted but maybe the other things i did helped as well
        93 GL Auto black 183,000 miles
        93 astro maroon 210,000 miles
        90 dakota 5 spd blue 212,000
        02 acura tl type S blue 121,000
        05 Tahoe Z71 BLK 89,000

Comment

Idle 'bypass' screw...here's a litttle trick i learned before FI thet works in all cases:

Locate the screw.

With the engine off...turn the screw all the way in and count the turns.

Take the srcew all the way out.

Spray the port and screw like hell with Gumout...7 or 8 cans worth....J/K...ok...maybe 3 or 4

Put the screw all the way in.

From before....turn out the numberr of turns in...you will be very close

Works every time.....oh...less than half a can is all it takes.
          Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
          The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Working...
          X