Clear All

Bad/loose ground wire? Vaccum leak?
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

i will check into that as well.

so possibilities are cat converter and cable switch.

my mom wants me to get a newer car because this one always seems to break down/

i keep reminding her its a 20 year old car and these these are bound to happen.

still she insists. i told her i will figure it out soon.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHA I GOT IT!!!!!!!!

so im checkingmy grounds and for a leak and i see the speedo cable hanging a bit loose. tightened it up and runs fine.

I guess everyone has those days hahaha man today is mine.
        Last edited by collegeboi; 08-04-2008, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Glad you figured it out, but I don't know how speed-o cable would cause it to die...I had mine unplugged for a day, without problem(other than no speedometer). I would still be cautious when driving it. oh and check your trans fluid level...(since the reservoir is right under the speed-o cable linkage it might have leaked outI made the mistake of not checking it and I drove for about 400 miles...now I need to replace it and the clutch).
          89' Maroon and black Festiva LX with a sunroof. :alien:

Comment

Originally posted by Ogrestiva View Post
            Glad you figured it out, but I don't know how speed-o cable would cause it to die...
            Me neither - I'm thinking you accidentally fixed the real problem (probably temporarily)

Comment

^^Agreed.
              Brian
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
              :fish:

Comment

lol true, i will check some more later

Comment

on my sisters car there was some wire from the ECU to the tranny that would keep her car from running right and the tranny would not shift out of second. we took it to numerous shops and no one new what was wrong so we brought it home and i got under it and seen a wire that was nto connected to anything jsut dangling there. so i searched for while to see where it went and sure enough the one single wire fixed everything. (this was not a festiva nor Manual tranny) but you get the ideah of how little something can be and could cause something pretty big.

and as for the speedo cable. i actually had mine unwind somehow so i disconnected and went off the RPM guage for a while. no problem.

p.s never accepted myspace friend request

Comment

my bad man sometimes they are spam, yes i will drive my baby some more.

in the future i want another festiva so i can use 1 to learn and other as daily.

Comment

thats what i did. so when i took one apart i had one to look at .

if you havnt picked up a haynes manual yet. i suggest it. has very good info. and the torque specs and all.

i have a 91 FI five speed. L base model nothing special fun to whip around town. project car.

and i have a 90 L plus Auto a/c luxury car.

Comment

Working...
                      X