Beeping noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beeping noise

When I turn my headlights on my car makes a beeping noise, the kind of beeping a car makes when the door is open or when keys are left in the ignition?? Any ideas???

year, model etc?
    That would help us help YOU.
    (for example mine is a "88 L+ carb 4-speed)
    If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
    Mark S.

Comment

thats weird i don't really know but maybe the switch that says your key is still in broke and it's getting hit by that or something... i had a car once that when i changed the position of the wheel all the way down and back to where it was my brights would come on..

Ford Festiva L
      Automatic

Comment

my '88 didn't come with anything like a headlight warning chime, or ANY kind of chime as far as I know..... haven't a clue to what it could be.
        If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
        Mark S.

Comment

2 of mine used to beep when i went around corners hard. then the beepy thing stopped beeping all together. i think maybe the wires come loose somewhere and random things will set it off. but i got lucky, and it fixed itself... or just broke completely, however you want to look at it.
          87 rx7
          92L starsky and hutchstiva bp swap, aspire swap, side pipes(tranny swap on the way)
          94 caddi deville
          99 f250 LD 4x4 12 inch lift on 38s

i need more festies.

Comment

darn beeping

my 88 use to beep all the time and one day i moved the dome light switch to off instead of being on when the door opens and it stopped. weird definitely, but it stopped. Since it stopped i decided to leave it that way. Now my 93 was a different story. I ended up changing the steering column to get that one to stop. I figured the ignition switch was messed up.
            A Horse, A Horse my kingdom for a Horse. (well maybe just a rust free festy will do)

94 Aspire (waiting for a face lift thanks to a deer)
            88 festiva (16 year olds ride)
            93 festiva (my ride)
            94 jeep yj (waiting for heart transplant)
            94 cadillac sedan deville (the wife's ride)

Comment

My tach cluster has a headlight warning beeper. If you have the lights on with the ignition off it comes on.
              91GL BP/F3A with boost
              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

You may need to check your door switches that operate the dome light. The doors may need adjustment and the switches are not compleatly dis engaging.
                1960 willys pickup
                1967 jeep cj5

1988 festiva
                1989 festiva
                1990 festiva for parts
                1991 s-10

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

My '92 never beeped with the headlights on and the key in any position since day one.

Now I wondering if I have a chime feature that never worked?????
                  Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
                  The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Working...
                  X