No announcement yet.

drive shaft removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am doin the tranny as well and i will swap the axles as well jus to be safe and if some one could clarifie the possible wiring/ecu issue that would be great im hopeing there isint going to be one from what i have read it is still uncertain to me cause it seems one person will say there is and another will say its no problem?? oh and im also going to swap the heads to keep it fuel injected that seems the best way to go
    Last edited by TWO-FOUR; 09-08-2008, 12:02 PM.
    93 GL Auto black 183,000 miles
    93 astro maroon 210,000 miles
    90 dakota 5 spd blue 212,000
    02 acura tl type S blue 121,000
    05 Tahoe Z71 BLK 89,000

Comment

Originally posted by niklid05 View Post
      turns out some people have nothing better to do but to bust peoples nads for asking a simple question. Not everybody has the time to read 350 results on axle AND removal or the other variants of the particular search. Myself being one of them. Youll learn there is a wealth of knowledge here, You just have to take a beating in time or verbally to get it. The search on most sites its basically useles whether its a festiva site, mustang site, camaro site, yodeling site etc.. Just dont be afraid to ask a question online someone with knowledge will try and give you a hand. And yes like pu241 said a manual can do wonders. you can pick on up for less than 20 bucks.

As for your axles, get it up in the air ON JACK STANDS and pry the heck out of it at the tranny. I think it was designed ignorantly, should just use two bolts like the volkswagens(i think thats what im thinking of??) do.

good luck.
      yodeling site! haha you crack me up guys.

and yes there should be an ecu difference...there's a lot more stuff in a fuel injected engine to control, for example the fuel injectors which are none existant in the carb. engine
      Last edited by joebreck117; 09-08-2008, 12:31 PM. Reason: needed to add a little more of my "wealth of knowledge"
      Joey Richard Jr.

1991 Ford Festiva L; died but donated all her organs
      1988 Ford Festiva LX; EFI swapped in...actually everything swapped in

Quality is Job 1. Together, We Can Save Lives. Ford.

Comment

Well...if you are switching the carb stuff off and putting on all the efi stuff then you should be ok. I do not think there is an issue to go to the 4 speed from automatic. If you can find a 5 speed before you make the swap I would do that, but if you are stuck for time then the 4 speed would be better then the auto.
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Well thats what im hopeing for is NO issues and yeah im probably going to see if i can find a 5 speed at the yard they should have one last time i was there they had a good 3 or 4 festies there so im hopein one will have a 5 speed
          93 GL Auto black 183,000 miles
          93 astro maroon 210,000 miles
          90 dakota 5 spd blue 212,000
          02 acura tl type S blue 121,000
          05 Tahoe Z71 BLK 89,000

Comment

Working...
          X